Au Revoir

Reaction score
Well I waved goodbye to # 008 today and apart from my 3.2 Carrera Club Sport, I've never been so sad to see a car go.

I'd wanted a Trophy for years having had plenty of other hot hatches previously and reading the famous EVO COTY several times and of course watching the Harry Metcalfe video countless times.

When I bought # 008 3 years ago it needed quite a bit of work, but it was fairly soon running and handling brilliantly.
It never let me down and ALWAYS brought a smile to my face when I drove it. Despite having much faster cars (and motorbikes) available. to me, it never disapointed.
I loved the gutsy engine and the way it found grip in damp conditions & just flowed down a bumpy B road.

These are very special cars & the community here is full of really nice people. I attended 2 Welsh Weekenders and was made to feel really welcome by a bunch of complete strangers, bound together by a love of fun driving.

If WW 2020 goes ahead, I hope you have a brilliant time. I couldn't have made it anyway as it clashed with my summer holiday.

If outsiders are allowed to tag along, I'd love to join you if possible for WW 2021.

Thanks very much - all the best.

Reaction score
Andy,
What a lovely little car it is, I had a fantastic drive back to Suffolk. It will be cherished by me just as it had been by you. We have very similar tastes and I had also always hankered after one after being a hot hatch fan for life. I hope to attend this years WW but it may clash with other things next year. You would always be welcome to borrow it to go on WW 2021.

Looking forward to many adventures in #008