Another DIY Sachs Rebuild/Service

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I told him where they were from .. 10 mins on google and he’d have found them easily .. so perhaps do a bit more research into me before you open your mouth to tell me I’m not a team player

Reaction score
Trophy No.
At the Welsh weekender for example I gave every single car a pair FOC .. I tested and sourced an alternative bump rubber and gaitor boot to replace the non available FOM part and shared that info instantly with everyone.. And for my work I charge half of what BG do and do a far better job with everything included that are extras at BG you’d pay £1200 for easily . I designed and had made my own damper shafts and adjuster bodies in my own time without passing that cost on to the customer .. Same with all the internal parts .. researched and invested my time to have them made .. not to mention spending money up front without asking if anyone would actually want me to do rebuilds at all .. What have you done ??

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I know Hughie's post was meant to be light hearted I do agree with Rik here. These little things add extra value and a personal touch to his service that others do not and if they did would come at a premium. I would not need to imagine very hard what the response from BG would be to the same question, they have only ever rinsed us for the pleasure of replacing a little oil and rubber O rings.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Rik

That is very kind of you. I do appreciate your offer.

As I said before this was in no way intended to be any personal criticism of you and I am really sorry for any offence that I may have caused.

We are very fortunate to have such a broad church of knowledge and talent in our forum so there is no place for ‘falling outs’ between us.

I hope we can agree that this is all behind us and we can move forward in the usual harmonious spirit.

Regards

Hugh

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just read through this whole thread, you've done some great work Rik! Anyone can clearly tell you put real time and effort into it! I'm assuming as you haven't said otherwise you still don't have the time to offer this service though?