Another DIY Sachs Rebuild/Service

Reaction score
Great work, am following with interest too.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
image.jpeg Hi all.
First batch of damper shafts back from the machine shop..
These are to a higher spec than the standard Sachs shafts.. Better base matirial and thread rolled rather than cut..
These can be fitted as is to rebuilds or I will be offering a DLC coated version that is guaranteed to be the last damper shaft you will ever need for your trophy.. Hard as Diamond and ultra low friction so damping is stiction free and will have better feel over the standard part... Used in Moto GP fork legs and F1 Dampers widely..
These will be priced to better the cost of a Standard part.. All prices are fitted as part of a service

BG shaft £120 each
Rik Perry Std shaft £100 each
Rik Perry DLC coated shaft £120 each

Basic service cost is a work in progress but is likely to be £350-380 depending on carriage charges
This includes removing springs if needed, strip, clean, replace all seals and service adjuster, de pin if required,powdercoating, Highest quality oil , re gas and dyno test. All seals will be viton as that is better then the nitrile used in the standard unit from the factory..

Removal from the car and loan cup dampers can be arranged if needed...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sir Rik Perry, commander-in-cnief of the Trophy suspension world. I for one will be very interested, probably next year :smile:
Hi Rik, have you looked into having the original labels/stickers remade. I appreciate the Sachs ones have a hologram, but it can't be that difficult for graphics companies to replicate can it? I think the fact that BG replace the labels/stickers helps those who want to keep the "factory fresh" look.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Good idea Dave .. Yes i am looking into it and have a graphics guy helping me .. Its still a few weeks away tho..
But I can remove the original decals and re fit them under a layer of 3M helicopter tape.. That's another option.

Reaction score
A 'like' doesn't feel enough.

Thanks for your efforts mate, having you on board is a real asset to the forum and all Trophy owners.

Any options for a loan car while the dampers are being serviced would go down nicely too. Something from the factory perhaps? ;)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Its my pleasure.. I love these cars like all of you .. And TBH I'm sick of seeing ppl ripped off ..
Done properly the units should only need minimal check/clean/pressure checking now and then.. That can be done by the owner with some advice if needed...

Reaction score
Rich you are a legend the shalfs and the service you are offering is really great actually above and beyond and much needed to give us options.
Is the DLC coating like the coating used on mountain bike shocks as well?

Makes me wish I never got mine done last year :cry:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Rich you are a legend the shalfs and the service you are offering is really great actually above and beyond and much needed to give us options.
Is the DLC coating like the coating used on mountain bike shocks as well?

Makes me wish I never got mine done last year

Most mountain bike stuff will be Aluminium and hard anodised.. DLC is much much harder..

We can always have yours retro coated.. I will offer this to ppl who's shafts are still in good shape..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Rik... top, top work mate! You're a gent :)

As already said elsewhere, I'll drop you a line as soon as I'm ready to get my refurbed. The only reason I haven't organised anything yet is simply down to the fact that I want to wait until the T is back home and paid for :) The RP DLC-coated option sounds ideal.

Reaction score
Amazing work Rik. Hats off to you. I'm of no doubt there will be an orderly queue forming at your door shortly.

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
It makes me want to get my units re-done.. [And they dont need doing.]....They look SWEEEETTTT...:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses: