Alloy Wheel Refurb - Have they painted the right colour?

Stu

Reaction score
Hi All,

Hopefully you guys can put my mind at rest. I have had my trophy alloys refurbished and to be honest I have concerns.

Firstly, I paid to have a buckle removed from one of the wheels but when the car was back on the ramp to my surprise it has still there. I've gone back to the paint shop and kicked off massively about this. Was told, 'we have done the best we can!' - my response was it's not good enough, take it back and finish the job I paid for. They have taken the wheel to another company with alternative equipment.

Due to this problem I started checking over the colour. They were specifically told not to paint the centre caps as I wanted to use this as my colour reference. Initially on seeing the wheels I thought blimey that's a good match. Now I'm thinking they've painted the centre caps to hide any indifference.

Just to be clear, this is a national company and the paint code was supplied from the forum. I thought I was in good hands because other people I know have used them. I'm now thinking of demanding a refund as they haven't done what was agreed prior to the job starting and appear to have painted areas they shouldn't have.

My plan is to purchase a centre cap (if possible) to check the colour match - do you guys know where to get them? and cost?

Let me know your thoughts please, I'm feeling angry about this one :mad:. Here's a few pictures:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 121
  • image1 (2).jpg
    image1 (2).jpg
    11 KB · Views: 117
  • image1 (1).jpg
    image1 (1).jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 116
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 122
Reaction score
i have new wheels direct from speedline and new center caps from Renault, and they do not match, but the alloys are the right color, yours seem to be as well

caps are £20 each

Stu

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response Mikey, that's good to hear. I might just be throwing my toys out of the pram for no reason but the buckled wheel repair was not on, they never even mentioned it when I picked the car up. That annoyed me and then doubt started creeping in. Been doing loads to the car for months and the finish is really important to me. Thanks for the message, appreciate it.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sounds silly but the colour match is the only reason I haven't had my wheels done yet, all the other refubs I've seen haven't looked the right colour. But from the photos yours look right... Or that could just be my screen. I would ask what paint code they used.

Reaction score
Whereabouts in the country are you? I'm sure you could meet a local Trophy owner and do a side-by-side comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stu

Reaction score
attachment.php

Here's the paint used... Shame they'll need to order more to re-paint the wheel once the buckle is taken out!

Attachments

• image1 (3).jpg
    image1 (3).jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 73
Reaction score
This is the correct code

The paint shop can still do its own mix but I guess it's better it buys pre-mixed if you want a perfect match

attachment.php

Attachments

• ixellantrtrophy.jpg
    ixellantrtrophy.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 74
Last edited: