Airbag light problems

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me how I can get these fault codes of my car
Fault number 184 pretensioner buckle circuit, passenger side short circuit to ground
fault number 183 pretensioner buckle circuit, driver side open circuit
fault number 71 front airbag circuit 2, driver open circuit
fault number 72 front airbag circuit 1, driver open circuit
the Clio has been in a bump before so has saved crash data but I can't get it wiped as I can get anyone to do it and I've checked all wires and connections and they are all ok any help on this is really appreciated as I'm stuck on what to do I've tried another airbag Ecu from a standard 182 but that brings up the light as the trophy doesn't have seat airbags like a standard 182 thanks again

Reaction score
Has the pretensioners went off when it was involved in a accident?
Could require them both changing on the front Recaro's.

Could also try and resistor under the two front seats, to trick the ECU in thinking it has a airbag.

Andy @ Durham would be able to wipe the fault codes of the ECU.
Or if you are local I don't mind helping out.

Reaction score
You can't wipe crash data once it's fired off any of the airbag system,your best bet is to re-configure the other airbag ecu so its not looking for the seat side airbags,or buy a new virgin ecu.

To do this is simple if you have the renault 'clip' diag tool,you cant really mess about with resistors and joining blocks on a safety related system imo

Reaction score
Another heads up, if you have a RSTuner or would like to lend mine.
You could purchase the airbag module and turn each individual airbag off.
Narrowing down the cause of the problem and fix it...

Or be a complete pikey and leave it disabled. Highly unreccomended.

Reaction score
The op points to both seat belt pretensioners and steering wheel air bag all having been fired off in the accident,or at least being the area of concern.

Reaction score
The damage was to the passenger side front wheel as far as I'm aware it wasn't bad but was enough if you know what I mean my mate has the snap on tool which is what I got them codes from but am I understanding right here that if I can put the other airbag ecu in I can wipe the 2 seat airbags of it so it won't try and pick them up?
I've uploaded the pic of the original ecu faults if this helps any but thanks again ppl

e833b3689de2d33106b83777aeff2757.jpg

Reaction score
This the Trophy?

19738710722_113e1ef2a4.jpg

If you want to fix it then I'd be replacing the pre-pensioners, a new airbag module and maplin resistors in the seat also.
Or talk to Andy at ClioTurbo Durham and get him to disable it on the ECU. http://clioturbo.co.uk/

Is the Sach OK?

Reaction score
I'm not sure if that's the clio to b honest I bought it of a kid down London already repaired the Sachs look gd on it it's just in need of a paint job and the airbag light to look it's original self

Reaction score
do you know if the wiring harness for the seat is the same as a standard clio sport harness and is this pic of a clio trophy seat connection

Reaction score
Ok so when I return home I can put the standard 182 airbag ecu and the resistors in to the correct wires and the light should go out hopefully

Reaction score
Maybe, but there could still be a fault, could be triggerline configuration with airbag ECU or an incoherence on one of the circuits.

Reaction score
Does it have an original steering wheel with a good air bag fitted and connected? as two of your fault codes relate to the steering wheel air bag being open circuit.
It could just be unplugged ?