Advice / Views

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi all - I’m new to the forum and I’m just putting some feelers out there as been threatening to part with my Trophy for a while now but I’m torn what to do.... I’ve owned #327 since 2009 (had covered 23k) and it’s been my daily ever since. It’s now covered 55k miles (low mileage for a daily due to it being a 15 minute walk to work or a 2 minute drive and I’m a lazy sod). The few people I have spoken to who appreciate what this car is have all told me to keep it, spend some money on it and use it as a “weekend” car (as I am getting a new daily regardless). As expected with a 15 year old car there are some signs of ageing and it does need some TLC. Had it MOT’d a couple of weeks ago with no issues. As far as I can remember I got the SACHS done at around 32k. There is recent SH but not FSH as I’ve moved house that many times I’ve no idea where the paperwork went. Just after some opinions on what everyone thinks and if I was to sell it what would be a reasonable price ? TIA.

Reaction score
I Would say if it is in need of a cam belt change and possible damper refurb this year alone maybe take that into consideration. I bought one last year with 58k on clock knowing this and gave 7 something with quite a bit of history. I had looked at another locally which had similar miles on but lad was wanting 9k which is to strong money unless it was a minter with both of these jobs done.

Reaction score
They are at the age now where I think they need quite a bit of money throwing at them if I'm honest unless everything has been done.

Reaction score
I don't know what condition or what has been done on yours so it could be worth a lot more.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I’ve looked after it but not like an “enthusiast” would. Usual door handle fades, steering wheel issue, alloys could do with a refurb and I think if it was to keep it and spend on it a new exhaust system would possibly go on it too. On the flip side though it’s probably worth getting it into A1 condition as they will only gain value over the next few years.

Reaction score
If you can afford to, and have the space, then I'd keep it. If you're using it less then you'll probably appreciate it more, especially if youre getting jobs done on it gradually. Unless you think someone would appreciate it more than you.

Reaction score
Yeah possibly could go up in value but considering I will have spent 2k doing shocks, springs, quieter exhaust, clutch and other bits and bobs in a year i wouldn't get it back. I bought it as i sold my first to a friend because I had just bought a house and wanted a new motorbike at the time.

Reaction score
I also think Trophy prices have slightly calmed down a bit over the last year or so.This is along with the more overall cooling down of car prices I think,and obviously the current economic climate wont have helped.

I remember looking at some on Autotrader,Pistonheads etc. Over the last 12/18 months and some were looking for strong money at the time around £9/10k if it was a private seller.

Since you know the car so well I would be inclined to keep it and get the various important jobs done on it when you can.
When you do drive it at the weekends or whenever you'll appreciate it even more.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Appreciate the comments all. Given me food for thought. I do have the space and don’t need to sell it and I still love driving it ! As suggested could be wise to spend on it over time and bring it back to its former glory.

Reaction score
Exactly what im doing as my daily is a transit custom so jumping in the trophy for a weekend drive is all the more special.