ABS fault code 5020?

Reaction score
My ABS Stability/traction and SERV lights are on which looks to be a common problem and a minefield to fix.

My village garage gave me the code but it didn't pinpoint the problem.

I did take a front wheel off a few weeks before it started and the abs is not working.

Any thought on the fault code 5020 from a OBD Diagnosis?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Without stating the obvious, you say your ABS is not working? Having said that I'm not sure that is a valid fault code.

Reaction score
Not sure what the diagnostic equipment was but it says OBD diagnosis system identification:

Anti-lock braking system -diagnose fault memory. 5020. Unknown. faults are present.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ah sorry, so you know the ABS has a problem. TBH I just went on the one of the on line OBDII fault code finders, none of the Renault codes are a match or even similar, sorry.

Reaction score
I had a similar fault on my car, obd read a similar code.. pretty sure it was the abs ring but the best bet is to get someone with a renault fault reader just to be sure

Thanks

Reaction score
I got the car to Melton Mowbray for a check over and they found the rear offside ABS sensor had failed, also a front nearside coil spring cracked.

I plan to replace all coil springs and rear discs over winter. Can you point me in the right direction for the coil springs?

Thanks Marc

Reaction score
If they are still availible.. Renault has them around £100 each. However I think some members reported that they are no longer availible.

For not much more you can fit the whole car with new springs if you go for usual aftermarket options.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
You should be able to still pick them up from eruo car part, gsf, andrew page etc. Mine was about £85 iirc

Reaction score
I thought the front coil springs are special to the Trophy and the rear coil springs are same ad Cups? Is there a make and part nunber?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I thought the front coil springs are special to the Trophy and the rear coil springs are same ad Cups? Is there a make and part nunber?

And I believe neither are currently available, which is a bit of a shag as I would like some new rears.

Reaction score
The problem with Clios is that there is never only one thing wrong with the car at any one time :)