A little advice

Reaction score
Hey, I need some advice of possible, my tripometer keeps resetting every time I start up my trophy, I have replaced the alternator and the battery and it is still doing it, any ideas? Thanks

Reaction score
You replaced your battery and alternator because the trip keeps resetting.... Might have been better to ask instead of just throwing money at it

Reaction score
You replaced your battery and alternator because the trip keeps resetting.... Might have been better to ask instead of just throwing money at it
They needed replacing anyway, plus I’ve only just started using this forum even tho I have been a member for a while!!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
This is quite a common problem and is usually down to a battery on the way out. The fact the car is still doing it despite having a new battery is interesting...

Next time you're out and about try turning on the ignition but NOT turning it over. Let the electrical systems come up and wait 10 seconds. Then fire it up. See if that makes any difference as I recall some folks having to wait a short time before firing up to ensure the trip computer wasn't continually reset.

MC1

Reaction score
It’s not the radio memory fuse blown is it? Seem to remember this from my Renault days...worth a look in the dash fusebox [emoji57]

Reaction score
This is quite a common problem and is usually down to a battery on the way out. The fact the car is still doing it despite having a new battery is interesting...

Next time you're out and about try turning on the ignition but NOT turning it over. Let the electrical systems come up and wait 10 seconds. Then fire it up. See if that makes any difference as I recall some folks having to wait a short time before firing up to ensure the trip computer wasn't continually reset.
Brill thank you for the advice I will try it

Reaction score
It’s not the radio memory fuse blown is it? Seem to remember this from my Renault days...worth a look in the dash fusebox [emoji57]
Thank u, I will check this too