#467 up on 'Collecting Cars'

Reaction score
Whats the score with these guys, do they take the car off the seller and do their own prep on it for photograph? In fairness they do take photos of absolutely every aspect of the car, warts and all. I’m not sure about the silly lit shots in the grey breeze block building. I know buyer pays about a £600 premium, does the seller pay a similar fixed fee or is it a final value based commission fee.

ok then folks what hammer price are we forecasting .....I’m going for £9750

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
ok then folks what hammer price are we forecasting .....I’m going for £9750

It sat quite temptingly at £5k for a couple of days, but bids are on the move again now as it gets into the last hour and a half.

My guess it'll go for somewhere around £8k.

It looks a pretty decent honest example to my eyes.

Reaction score
£8100 on hammer.... blimey that’s poor for these boys, it’s actually sold for more or less what it’s worth. I guess it depends on who’s looking and on the bidding keyboard

Reaction score
£8100 on hammer.... blimey that’s poor for these boys, it’s actually sold for more or less what it’s worth. I guess it depends on who’s looking and on the bidding keyboard

I would have said that’s pretty strong money considering the mileage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I actually bid this tonight up until 8k. I thought it was a really nice example and had a thorough history etc.

I think it was pretty much on the money ish.. but still a strong figure with those miles.. I agree.

Still disappointed though. The search continues

Reaction score
i don’t think so really Chris, it has decent history and anything sub 100k will go for that sort of money lately

Fair point, maybe I’m just undervaluing mine slightly.

Don’t forget buyers fees so was circa 8.5k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I thought it was a fair price. As much as I love the Trophy and would love to see prices climb and climb (even though I've no intention of selling) I'm also aware it's a 15 year-old Clio with a few tweaks to set it apart from the 'regular' RS version. I know they are special, limited edition, drive great, etc. but 8.5k for an ageing Clio, with that mileage and condition, is pretty good in my opinion. :)

Reaction score
I thought it was a fair price. As much as I love the Trophy and would love to see prices climb and climb (even though I've no intention of selling) I'm also aware it's a 15 year-old Clio with a few tweaks to set it apart from the 'regular' RS version. I know they are special, limited edition, drive great, etc. but 8.5k for an ageing Clio, with that mileage and condition, is pretty good in my opinion. :)

i know what you mean but really these days what do you get for that sort of money or more to the point what car could you stick 8k into and possibly sell for the same money or more in 2 yrs time. My mate has spent that much on a mk6 golf GTD with 60k miles that will be worth 5k Max in 2 yrs.