#42 on Collecting Cars.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I was beginning to wonder if they were looking at the same car as me.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I went to 7k and that's it for me, considering the time and money it needs and several question marks around its mechanical condition, there will be tidier examples with higher mileage id sooner look at.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I had a bloke from collecting cars ring me yesterday to say do I want to sell mine on there.

At these prices I might do :D.

Reaction score
Up to £11,250 now. It's a bit tired and non standard (front splitter, KTEC mounts, KMS air filter box, HT leads, alcantara dash and gear knob inserts, alloy plate on drivers footwell foot rest - easily removed; steering wheel re-trim is tasteful at least) with parts missing (boot lid rubbers) for that money. No reference to whether it has the Sachs front or rear (no photos either), but the vendor has answered that in the comments. Would be better to have photos IMO.

It does also look a touch neglected too. Doesn't look like the engine bay has been cleaned in it's 61,000 miles of life. All the rear boot shuts and hinges not looked after either, future rust traps. A lot of the plastics are sun faded, especially the font grill, it's nearly white in the video, and the silver door bullets; Trophy stickers also seem worn through. It's also got Clio Mk III floor mats, they don't fit correctly and RenaultSport is in yellow; at least it has mats I guess...

Interesting that the first thirty odd phots are 'mood shots' with it seems like a filter and really give no detail about the car.

Good luck to the purchaser. One to enjoy and drive once it's been freshened up and checked over perhaps. Market seems strong if it goes for ~£12,000.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It is a genuine V6 Airbox and the steering wheel is a Snappy wheel.

The car is basically the same as when I sold it back in 2013. At the time it was sold with a spare set of Sachs fronts (needing refurb) and brand new rear dampers along with all the original trim needed to go back to standard.

Oracle

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Covered above iirc - new head gasket at Renault, with a bill to show it?
So it was whipped off to Renault dealer, and came back on the same mileage 2 days later?
Would love to see that bill!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Getting tempted to try mine on there at these prices.

Its tempting isn’t it. Having said that the price is being driven by just two bidders, without stating the obvious that is what an auction is all about but having said that there is no guarantee a similar car will attract the same bun fight.
My feeing is that there will be others along, nicer, that will be cheaper than the £13k up front cost plus the hidden get it nice cost.

Just to add, I do think it is a nice example with a decent history, low miles that has been cared for in its past. Current condition and some unknowns would make me wary.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I pulled out when I got to £12k. Needs too much money spending to get it to my standard and I wouldn't see my money back any time soon on it.

However, I did buy a 19k mile 172 Cup yesterday and fired up my other Trophy (Number 172) and its misfiring. Love these cars!