#31 Polish Day

Reaction score
Enjoyed a thoroughly good run up to 'Caffeine & Machine' on Saturday to meet up with the RenaultSport group. Gave the car a quick wash before travelling but upon return felt it needed a bit more, so broke out the Auto Finesse arsenal; Snowfoam, Lather and Tripple.

Very pleased with the results that can improve when I get a machine polisher. I know others on here use one so I'd welcome any recommendations (DAS ?).

The car is used very regularly so whilst I appreciate the value of smooth contaminant free paint, I also recognise it will get dirty, and be restricted to regular maintenance washes thereafter.

Attachments

Reaction score
Looks great, Ian :) The red 'pops' nicely.

As for a machine polisher... I would highly recommend looking at Rupes Bigfoot. Perhaps not the cheapest but a very nice piece of kit and - with a bit of care and effort - great results can be had.

Reaction score
For a novice(?) a dual action machine is often the safer option but a rotary would certainly help with all the small planes the T has. I can't really recommend a particular machine as despite temptation, I am still using a Maguiars machine that is almost as old as the car. As above though, one of the Rupes Bigfoot range or a Flex Rotary would be on the Radar.
BTW, Tripple is a good product but for a daily/used often it doesn't offer very long lasting protection, you could try finding something that you can layer over the top or use a Glaze with a good wax on top.