Reaction score
chiefsilverback said:
polarbert said:
I know somebody who has a Porsche Carrera GT and is 19

How? I don't believe Porsche would sell one to somebody that young from a PR perspective: "19 year old kills 3 crashing his £300,000 Porsche 'hyper' car...."

Apparantly Porsche 'vetted' buyers to make sure that they were going to people who would actually use them, not just put them in collections!?!?!

I honestly can't believe a 19 year old owns and insures a Carrera GT!

Nothing is stopping someone buying it second hand...and if you have enough money you only ever need to insure it to the minimum required by law (3rd party) so it is quite possible to be honest.

O.

Reaction score
Im 21, bought the car and insured it all outta my own pocket.

And i bought and insure a 106 aswell :shock: (for going to work in etc)

Reaction score
DaveTrophy said:
Im 21, bought the car and insured it all outta my own pocket.

And i bought and insure a 106 aswell :shock: (for going to work in etc)

but when are u buying a track car dave thats what i wanna know

Reaction score
Um, never thought of myself as one of the older ones on here, at 27! You're all spermatozoa! Can't believe I'm older than Hyb or Cue! Still-they say you're only as old as the woman you feel. Great, I'm 31 then. :cry: \

How does an 18 year old bloke with no more than a year's experience and no-claims get insured on a 17D car? Madness! Tesco wouldn't even give me a quote at 26!

Reaction score
27 is a good age Steve!! (me too)

Had an E46 M3 at 26 tho! had it for a year.,.. and what a year... tyres are expensive though! VTS before that, had to return to the hot hatch's living in London (not to mention excessive insurance costs).

Very impressed with the commitment of the younger (am I old enough to say that) crew

Day

Reaction score
Being 27 rocks!

Insurance on a Trophy for me is £330 fully comp.

Just need a Trophy now...

Reaction score
Can't believe it, there was me under the impression that I was amongst the youngest at 24... and it's taken until now to get an exciting car, having blatted around in a Ka whilst at uni... :oops: Good times though in a car that was pretty slow!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yes, you are all just young tadpoles. not going to say how "young" i am but was offered insurance with all the bells, courtesy car low excess etc etc for £260. Went with a more expensive Greenlight quote with "mods" in mind.

Reaction score
Steve said:
Still-they say you're only as old as the woman you feel. Great, I'm 31 then. :cry: \

Best news I've had all day. I'm 33 and my wife is 27. :D :wink:

Cheers Steve (tup)

Reaction score
Nope, no-one is allowed to ruin threads (other than me). :lol:

Please don't quote the a-holes ducks butt, it gives me two links to remove!

Best news I've had all day. I'm 33 and my wife is 27.

You sound like Alan Partridge, "Back of the net!".

I got tired of 18 year olds, I prefer a woman who's sorted her head out and knows what she wants, as long as that isn't three kids and a Range Rover.

Reaction score
Definately not one of the younger ones here at 26! 19 and driving a Trophy?! Was in a Citroen AX at that time, and that was my Mums!

Reaction score
im 20 and pay for the car out of my pocket and insurance! Plus i aint even been driving a year yet. about 8 months now. my first car as well

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
take care then, no matter how good at driving you are, I guarentee you aint as experienced as you need to be taking the Trophy near it's limits on the road.

I know i sound like a driving instructor here but those advanced driving courses are such a good idea. More than just keeping your insurance down, they'll teach you that speed doesn't kill, going to quick for road conditions kills.

Reaction score
im thinking of going on some courses when i have the spare time and money. probably the summer. i cant wait to gain the experience and be able to push the car.

Reaction score
24 here.. thought I'd be one of the youngest but evidently not, 24 seems to be the most common age though... 25 in October, bring on the cheaper insurance :) Paying about £650 at the mo.