hyb

Reaction score
depending on how your router works you may need to find the save command and power it down and up again, if not I could lend you my sledge hammer

If all else fails it might just be easier to change your router. I install quite a few in my job and i really recommend either Belkin or Draytek. You pay more then the usual but there so solid and have every feature

Lee

Reaction score
I've just tried just about everything I can think of and it still says strict.

Odd though as before Christmas it worked and I was racing of some of the guys from ClioSport.

Think I'll order a new router, this one has always been a pain in the arse.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Good router, I used to have that one.

Won't you need a modem router if you are on adsl though? Unless you have a separate modem with ethernet out

Lee

Reaction score
Nik said:
Good router, I used to have that one.

Won't you need a modem router if you are on adsl though? Unless you have a separate modem with ethernet out

Ooops that'l teach me to rush things, I just assumed it would have one, what the hell is the point of an ADSL router with no modem. :? I've just swapped it for the DG632.

http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/Sh ... uctID=1061

That should do the trick. It better do anyway. If it doesn't I'm blaming you Hyb. :wink:

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I used to have the 614 when i was on NTL broadband, as the NTL modem has an ethernet out. Then when I moved house i had to switch to ADSL (plusnet) so had to buy a new router.

Now i'm actually considering going back to NTL so I can get rid of the phone line completely, meaning I'll probably have to change routers yet again!

Reaction score
Did you chaps get a game after all? I've not got a router so will I have problems with the 360? I can't be having this every time i want to have a game.

Lee

Reaction score
No, we didn't get to race in the end.

My router should arrive tomorrow so I'll try and set it up as much as I can at work to save time when I get home. Bit busy for a change though.

I'm with Plusnet Nik. I'll not use the USB I'll just connect it to my switch as my current one is.

Give it a few months and I'll probably get a wireless access point sorted.

hyb

Reaction score
Make ya mind up! :p

I play my 360 throught the wireless adapter and my draytek vigor wifi adsl modem/router. Works a treat :D

Lee

Reaction score
I'm all over the place. lol

I decided that I'm going to go wireless as some point and the other router would just end up sat in the cupboard so I might as well do it now. lol

hyb

Reaction score
True True, to be honest, any modern router should allow you to play on Live, some just may require minor settings to be changed :)
If you want to get some practice on, I think we should race on Half F1 Circuit Nurburgring, that tracks great :)

Lee

Reaction score
I don't need any practice. :wink:

Although that isn't a track I'm great on, I did hold top spot in class B for a week though.

I love the London and Las Vegas tracks the best, I hate Tokyo.

My order went through okay and will be with my tomorrow. Not so sure about the wifi adaptor, but it should be okay, if not I've still got a 20 metre CAT 5 cable. lol

hyb

Reaction score
I had my xbox at my gf's, it wouldn't connect through the 3com router I had there, about 2 years old, works fine at my house with my router though. Should be fine :)