Reaction score
Tried cc for the first time last night but it feels very weired - sort of like your not in control.
Also used it going through road works but had to keep adjusting it between 37-39 as others without it seem to speed up slow down all the time which becomes anoying.
Will give the speed limiter a try next time I am in roadworks.

Reaction score
shiftspark said:
Tried cc for the first time last night but it feels very weired - sort of like your not in control.
Also used it going through road works but had to keep adjusting it between 37-39 as others without it seem to speed up slow down all the time which becomes anoying.
Will give the speed limiter a try next time I am in roadworks.

This is exactly why I stopped using it, it feels bloody weird driving at high speed with both feet off the pedals and I found myself using the +/- buttons when approaching traffic, not proper driving at all! It's like drive-by-wire.

One use of the speed limiter is;

At traffic lights onto dual carriageway, setting it to 40mph, leaving it in second gear and resting your foot against the stop, waiting for the diesel BMW who's been up your arse the whole way through the 40 zone to catch up and overtake then click...seeya!

Reaction score
I used the CC all the way from Essex to Devon pretty much, just pressing 'O' to disengage when I saw the traffic ahead slowing or when I began catching the car in front (when I didn't intend to :wink: ) Only thing is, I couldn't decide what to do with my right foot.. Putting it on the floor made me worry I wouldn't get to the break fast enough and resting it on the brake pedal was just uncomfortable.. What does anyone else do?

Used the limiter when I first picked the car up, driving home some stupid woman in one of the new golf CC's was on my bumper so I set it to 27mph through a village then left her for dust as I exited the other side, muchos fun! :lol: can't say my girlfriend felt the same way though!

I think both features are cool for assisting in licence saving duties.. It's far too easy to get carried away otherwise! :roll:

Reaction score
I'm not too sure what you call the pit-lane limiter Steve?!

I've been using both cruise control and speed limiter for over 3 years, both in my 172 and the Trophy.
I use the cruise control a fair amount on motorways (when I'm bored sitting in traffic) or in an average speed camera zone. Been caught once on the M1, not gonna happen again!

Speed limiter is useful in town and roads, esp approaching speed cameras.

Did you know the minimum set up speed for both is 19 and max 123? (tried on my private runway! lol)

For desactivating, I always use the buttons on the wheel or use the switch. Never heard of the pedal.

Reaction score
I use CC a lot but I've only used the speed limiter for the gimmick factor. It's an early insight into the future of driving - when they fit black boxes to cars as standard so we can't speed. Ever. :(

Reaction score
Ive only ever used it in the last week, i do like the speed control! Ive found that once or twice it has activated itself when ive tried to boot it off the lights to overtake and it doesnt lol

Reaction score
Trophy No.
No never, but like i've said i'm not really into gizmo's,am pretty old school and don't need a piece of electronics to keep me at 30. Some of the tricks sound fun tho :)

Reaction score
Motorway and evil point to point specs camera zones (Stockbridge bypass etc) Use CC mainly, but overspeed for specs zones if it's busy.

Does anyone take a childish delight in stopping at a lay by for a bit in a specs timing strip, then seeing how fast they can go?

No law suits, this is all in jest

Obviously

Go to Oxfordshire and see :wink:

Reaction score
Limiter is the best fuction i use it every day

To many scamera vans here so stops you speeding and being tempted as its all to easy to do 36 Mph and get 3 points in town.

Reaction score
I nearly always use the limiter on long motorway/dual carriageway runs. Set it to 85 and just drive normally but never approach license losing territory!

I got pulled within 2 weeks of gettin No 99 on a stretch of road I'd driven virtually every week for a year at the same speed in my Platinum Grey LCR. Bright red and twin exhausts really puts you at the top of a police officers picking list!

I've used the CC occasionally but don't like the fact that it disengages as soon as you do anything. CC is really suited to automatics....

There is a great game you can play with CC though, go to your favourite stretch of road, get into 4th, set the CC to a speed of your choice and see if you can get from one end to the other without touch a pedal!!!!!! :D

Reaction score
the speed limiter can be disengaged very easily as i found at the weekend - set it to 50 but still accelerating along.... and the next thing i know i'm doing 70 :shock:

Reaction score
Gareth said:
the speed limiter can be disengaged very easily as i found at the weekend - set it to 50 but still accelerating along.... and the next thing i know i'm doing 70 :shock:

If you push the throttle hard to the floor it disengages the limiter, just don't be so aggressive and you'll be fine!! ;)

Reaction score
[quote="chiefsilverback]If you push the throttle hard to the floor it disengages the limiter, just don't be so aggressive and you'll be fine!! ;)[/quote]

haha, i'll be gentle next time! :p

Reaction score
Are there others?

Never one to let a conversation lapse via its own momentum :wink:
Think its been asked already, but does anyone know of any other manufacturers who have a speed limiter? Its such a great feature! Talking to salesmen while out looking for a car I always bring it up when they get around to pointing out the cruise control on the steering wheel. Apart from me saying boot and petrol all the time, when I ask this then they really think I'm taking the piss... no wonder they're not very forthcoming with test drives :lol:

Reaction score
I agree duffer - other manufacturers should take note!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i've never found the limiter useful - because i've been driving cars with CC for ages I'm used to using this as second nature. I wouldn't buy a car now that doesn't have CC.

The limiter though I can't get used to using. It feels as though i'm being constrained, which i don't like (i know this is the idea of it). In my world it'll be most useful used as it's been knicknamed.. a pitlane limiter.

I'm going to keep playing with it though..