Reaction score
Not sure if it is good or bad - but 13 months and only 2,900 miles - must try to get some more miles to help loosen it up a bit more
Mods:
Front camber at 2 degrees negative - toe-out at 10 mins.
Spare set ot Trophy wheels with soft track tyres
75 mm inlet system to standard airbox, replaces a/v
Trying to get digital race change up light system to work
Awaiting Ben of Angel Works to finish his move to fit modified inlet manifold, cams and re-map. Also considering plan B.
Possibly braided brake-lines - don't need special pads for hill climbing.
If I am more competitive next year, then winter 2007 will probably see a limited slip diff - unfortunately we do not make anything suitable, so will have to do some more research. Other ideas include a more extensively modifed inlet manifold, with shorter runners - am reluctant to go to throttle bodies.
Wieght reduction is difficult without breaking class rules or spoiling it as a road car. Competition battery in boot and lightweight rear silencer box might be best value - lightweight seats are possible - not sure of weight saving vs cost.
No doubt will come up more hair brained schemes as time goes by.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
3,900 from new Oct 05 (600 of those having some "fun" down in cornwall/devon recently) No mods as yet apart from the essential trophy sticker, silvervision and star upgrades, like many i lust after the Orbisud, itg panel and ecu remap to go with them.

P.S. also want spare wheel and wiper thingy.

Reaction score
12,270 miles, 10,300 miles in 8 months.

George - I think you might have won the modifications per mile award!

Reaction score
Steve, Even more if I add the wiper mod and also a slightly relocated accelerator pedal, to help heel and toe, but I claim it is all in a good cause - others may think it is a bit sad! I May use it a bit more for commuting - depends on what annual mileage I agree for next year's insurance.

Reaction score
Nice one George, glad to see other hillclimb and sprinters around.
Do you do the ASWMC championship?
Had any decent results this year?

My Clio is mainly road car - Sept 05 8k ITG, (Lotus Liz is my comp tool of choice) but thought the Clio great on track straight from box so to speak. Those hard dampers come into there own then, 2 degs of neg + soft tyres must make it turn in like a good un!

Perhaps I will 'bump' into you sometime?

Cheers.

Reaction score
pete g - I did Wiscombe and Dunkeswell this year. Did not like the revised Dunkeswell course - as a go-kart circuit it is now too tight - and later events were cancelled because of the Mansell planning apllication saga (I have never come across such ill-informed and bigotted antis). Wiscombe is literally 10 minutes from home and I really enjoy it - I am about 2.5 seconds off the ultimate pace, which allowing for my limted skill and advancing years is a great testimony to the car - it is very predictable and much to my surprise I am often a front runner in the wet (the Kumho V70A are 1.5 quicker than the PE2) ! Up hill it does not feel very powerful - hence the planned engine mods. The quickest cars are higlhly modified and often based on older vehicles which are much lighter - i.e 180 bhp Golf weighing 750 kg
time permitting I may venture a bit further afield next year - Castle, Longleat or possibly Gurston..

Reaction score
start driving it

i'll bet your's is still feeling pretty tight then

Wish I had the time to. :(

Still feels like the day I took collection of it. :) With exception of a few more rattles. :x

Reaction score
George K - Yeah Dunkeswell bit Micky mouse, I like Wiscombe, can get bit greasy under the trees! Gurston good - mainly about Power and bottle!
Do not many hills now as my old Cossy and Scooby bit big, might try again sometime in CT or Liz, reckon our best chance of meet would be Chivenor down near you thats a great track.
Dont mod the CT too much, you end up 'chasing your tail'
Money prob better spent at Prescott Hill Climb School!
Merry Xmas.

Reaction score
10 miles short of 10k.

Not bad to say it has been driven every day since we got it. :D

Reaction score
Just short of 15,000 faultless miles now - this includes 7 track days!

Plenty of mods already completed. Currently planning some more upgrades for next year including 1/2 roll cage (on order), some harnesses, 2nd set of wheels and some soft track tyres.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
7MAT said:
Just short of 15,000 faultless miles now - this includes 7 track days!

Plenty of mods already completed. Currently planning some more upgrades for next year including 1/2 roll cage (on order), some harnesses, 2nd set of wheels and some soft track tyres.

Mat - we'll have to catch up at a track next season, wouldn't mind taking a look at the beast. Was thinking of getting some worn slicks on a set off those light magnesium rims. Think Yozza can get the tyres....... Not sure if I'd need to upgrade the oil pump etc to compensate for the extra G-force though...... Roll cage might seem like a good option also with slicks..