Reaction score
Then go for Michelin Pilot Sport 3 205 45 16 83 or 87 W xl.
Or just wait for the ne hankook v12 evo 2.

Reaction score
I'm currently on 4 PS3 V's, I find them ok but the car has definitely lost some 'feel' when compared to the PE2s.

I had a stint on a set of AD08s and they were better than the PE2s in my opinion. A bit more expensive and wore out quicker, but they gave me the 'feel' back and a whole load more grip than the PE2s as well. Not too bad in adverse road conditions but I never pushed my luck in those situations anyway.

I will be trying the PS3 'W' version next, to see if I can recuperate some of the feel lost by changing to the PS3 V.

Happy hunting.

Really keen to get the AD08's. What size did you use because I can't find our size.

Reaction score
My AD08Rs are 195/50/15 on a set of white 2118s, not sure I fancy running them on 16s. Fantastic tyres.

Reaction score
Why wouldn't you want to run them on 16's.
I need new road tyres and the AD08's are at the top of the list so far.
I have been on the road with r888's before and the ride was considerably firmer, will this be the same as AD08's.
Also sounds like AD08's are great wet or dry but not cold, anyone know why or how they compare to pe2's.

Reaction score
All I meant was that I prefer how the car feels on 15s, plus with that comes the added bonus that the tyres are cheaper. That said, I do miss running my Turinis, they look so good on the Trophy. Mine are currently shod with Hankook V12 Evos, which while they're a competent offering, they're not a patch on the Yokies. If I experience a windfall I'll fit some AD08Rs to the Turinis, but for now I'm happy with where I am.

Reaction score
I've just had Uniroyal RainsPORT 2'S (87W) fitted on mine this week to replace the origanal back tyres :( and they feel better than the Pirelli's that where on the front (now on the back) but really wanted Rainsport 3's or Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's are even better for "feel" if you can get them

Reaction score
So I've found some AD08r's the correct size. £112 per corner.
Hankook v12's at about £70 per corner or ps3's at about £105 per corner. Feel is more important to me than outright grip so I think I am going to skip the ps3's.
Hankooks sound great for the money but obviously aren't a patch on the AD08's so I think I'm going to bite the bullet and order a set soon.
Does anyone with experience of these tyres recommend anything else.

Reaction score
These are prices from camskill online, so will have to add delivery and fitting. Hopefully £500 all in for the AD08's.

Reaction score
I don't think there's anything similar around at the moment. I've just had some fitted to mine but it's too early to comment on them yet. I had the Federal rs-r before as the Hankook rs2 z212 (good tyre) and the AD08's were no longer available. I think the Ad08R is better in our current slippery conditions. The Federals washed wide very easily under power. They were much cheaper though.
For me the decision was either sensible high load PS3's or try the AD08R. I decided it was a good time to give them a try!

Reaction score
Let us know how you get on.
I will probably switch my old pe2's front to back again as I hate throwing away legal tyres.
I'm pretty sure the rubber has got to that age where there is just no grip left though and if it doesn't improve then I will need to replace them.

Reaction score
the PS3 W tyres are heavier than the V's aren't they?

Reaction score
Just a heads up for all T owners. I managed to find two new Exalto PE2 tyres from a website called TyreLeader.

They're obviously old stock and dated to 2009 but they seem perfectly fine as I'm sure they were stored correctly and the price was fair too at just under £200 for the pair. Delivery took just 2 days from the EU.

They're still showing as having stock on the website but the green stock indicator bar had gone to Amber after placing my order so I don't think they have many left.

My car is currently on 15" steel winters but I will be putting it back on the turinis in the coming weeks.

Reaction score
Wow, great find!

I don't need any tyres, but i'm tempted to buy some of them i have to say!

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I have just looked at TyreLeader for 205/15/16 Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2 and its showing none.

Reaction score
That's strange Marc as I messaged them last week and they said they had about 50 left! And now it can't see them either.

Asim have yours arrived?

Reaction score
That's strange Marc as I messaged them last week and they said they had about 50 left! And now it can't see them either.

Asim have yours arrived?

Yes they arrived in two days after ordering. You're right though they're not on the website any longer. Maybe worth sending them a message.

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on how 205/50/15 will fit? Ive been looking at trackday tyres and they are considerably cheaper in that size compared to 205/45.Will there be any rubbing issues?

Reaction score
There will be some fitment issues if you try and fit 15" tyres on 16" rims.
I think the r888's that I used were 195/50/16.
No rubbing problems.