Reaction score
I can barely believe it, but my trophy has been stolen after a brief struggle with three men in ballaclavas last night in sainsbury's car park in Fallowfield, Manchester.

I put up a bit of resistence, but it was difficult as i was sitting in the car with him standing in the doorway holding my arm, and he snapped the keyring out my hand, leaving me holding my keyring, and him with the key. At this point i got out as it occurred to me they could have a knife or gun....?! Then i rang the police as they drove off in my car, it was the worst feeling ever and it made me feel completely powerless. Also, there was a man next to me who watched the whole incident and he didnt do anything!

I really hope they catch these bunch of morons and i get my car back hopefully in one piece, although i havent got my hopes up. The fact that theres only 500 made makes it particularly painful, as the chances of being able to get a replacement are slim.

Anyway, it was number 337/500 and the reg was LX55 UTZ. If anyone sees it driving around or up for sale etc then let me know! Its a bit of a long shot but im desperate.

Im hoping the fuckwits will be stupid enough to put it on ebay or something lol, but for now, the trophy dream is over.
:cry:

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
:shock: :x (swear)

Gutted for you, cant believe that. You did the right thing though, its not worth fighting with these idiots, who knows what they might do. Nice as they are, at the end of the day its not worth risking your life for.

Hope they catch them and find the car ok. Being a numbered model you'd think its bound to turn up one day.

Hopefully the insurance will resolve things quickly for you so you've still got time to get hold of another one if thats what you want.

hyb

Reaction score
WTF!!!? Thats bad news :((

I can't see why they'd want to steal it to sell, surely someone being offered a few weeks old trophy is gonna be dodgy.

If it were me, i'd hope they drove it off a cliff with them in or had a collision with a wall. You don't really want a stolen recovered car back. Replacement from your insurers would be best, Renault site still says 80odd left, finger crossed!

Gutted for you :(

Reaction score
Ah that's awful news

I can't belieeve this happens in real life! more like something you see in a film....

I wouldn't want the car back in all honesty after those scum bags had it.. but best of luck in finding the idiots an hope you get it resolved soon.

:evil:

Tom

Reaction score
I fucking hate the retards that try this sort of thing. We can only hope that one day they try the same thing on a member of the IRA or the mafia and get whats coming to them.

hyb

Reaction score
That'd be a good job for out of work IRA terrorists.
Fitting carbombs to your car, that you can set off remotely via a text msg. Someone nicks your car....boom.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
oh mate really sorry for you!! not too far from me either! - gonna go shopping in the missus car now.

best of luck and i hope whatever the outcome is the right one for you!

Matt

Reaction score
Shit mate so sorry to hear about that, my Brother lives near there and i was thinking of driving up to meet him, TBH i really dont think i will now.

I hope everything gets sorted.

I am really thinking about getting a tracker fitted to my car, was thinking of doing it before, but now this has happend i am pretty much mind made up now.

Reaction score
man thats bad...glad your ok tho.
Its gonna be a hard car to shift if they plan to sell it on! You cant sell clios 2nd hand as it is!

Reaction score
Really sorry to hear about this. Just a bit gobsmacked. There are some wicked people out there. Hopefully your insurance will sort it out in time so you can get a replacement.
I'm thinking about a tracker now.
Do you know your Etch code on the window, if i ever see another trophy about i'll have a look.
All the best with sorting this mess out.

Reaction score
Thats unbelievable news. I am very sorry indeed to hear it. Is there any news? I hope this situation is remedied soon. Good luck.

Make sure you put the number of the Trophy on Cliosport so they can look out for it.

Reaction score
That is so harsh mate, I could not believe it when I started reading your thread! Like everyone else says, I really hope you are able to get the insurance sorted in time to get another one...I also can't believe that someone else just watched it happen and did not do anything!?! WTF!

Reaction score
looking at getting a replacement through the insurance sooner rather than later..........

does anyone know of a dealership with any left? i phoned the dealership where i got mine from (Masters of Beckenham) and he hasnt got any, plus hes got a waiting list just incase they do get anymore in. They've got their demonstrator with about 500 miles on the clock, which is better than nothing but just isn't the same! at least i wouldn't have to go through the whole running in process again i suppose.....

About the tracker issue, i think il definitely get one. I wouldn't usually mind getting my car back after it had been stolen - as long as it was repairable. However mine wasnt fully run-in and whoever has got it is probably thrashing it, so id rather see it burning containing 3 badly charred, ballaclava-clad corpses than back on my drive. lol

RIP Trophy 337.

Reaction score
oh i also forgot to mention that whilst i was at the police station, a golf R32 was stolen in the same way, and it sounds like they used my car to do it!!

talk about rubbing salt into the wound #-o

G

You're in luck mate, now i know its a long way away but iv'e just spoken to them and Renault Bradford (Sunwin Motors) have one coming in next week.

If you want to call them you can get hold of them on

01274 736440

hope that helps fella.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the theft.
These people deserve worse than prison. :evil:

hyb

Reaction score
My local dealer is meant to be getting in 2 Trophy's soon for the showroom.
I'll double check this, but if you want to give them a ring, its AKS Renault in Yeovil.

Ask to speak to Alek.

Reaction score
managed to get one from the same place as before in the end. should get it a week on tuesday the 4th october. cheers for the help though, much appreciated!

think i might put a tracker in this one. also thinking of machine guns in the grill and flamethrowers on the sills maybe? anyone interested in a group buy? lol