Reaction score
Hi All,

Just to add my two penneth to this thread, I just installed the Alpine 9850ri into my Trophy today. It cost £199 me but I later found it online for £154 (D'oh!) for anyone interested. I was originally going to go for the Dension Ice system but the local Uplands didn't stock them. Then the guy in there recommended the above Alpine - I was sold on the fact that it had an ipod specific direct full speed connection. Works pretty well - you control the ipod from the stereo and there's no interface delay. The other plus is that I didn't need to worry about getting a cradle or mount for the my ipod due to being able to control it from the stereo. I would have had to with the Dension system which altogether would have cost me near the same as the new Alpine. Tried to connect the stalk controller they sold me but couldn't get it working - just as I was getting used to the luxury, oh well - just glad that I can finally use the ipod and not have to take CD's into the car!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mines standard at the mo, but was looking at a panasonic that had mp3, bluetooth and sat nat, cost a bit from memory though...upwards of £450 i think. Can't remeber the model number but it'll be on their website I'd have thought.

Reaction score
Has any one tried this.

I want to connect an Alpine head unit in to my Trophy and want to confirm exactly what I need to do this. Can anyone help?

Cheers

Reaction score
Personally not bothered about changing the stereo and definitely want the stalk controls to keep working. Is it possible just to add a cable to get ipod to work on the standard Trophy cd/radio? is there an aux on the back? Mine has no cd changer. Or has this been covered elsewhere? Haven't been here long enough to see everything on this site yet.....

Reaction score
Trophy No.
reboot said:
Personally not bothered about changing the stereo and definitely want the stalk controls to keep working. Is it possible just to add a cable to get ipod to work on the standard Trophy cd/radio? is there an aux on the back? Mine has no cd changer. Or has this been covered elsewhere? Haven't been here long enough to see everything on this site yet.....

Think Steve had this sorted, though not sure how.

Reaction score
I'm all ready to fit my new headunit when I have the opportunity at Christmas and thought I had the correct adapters to retain display/stalk controls (certainly the stalk controls, I'm not to concerned about the display given the headunit) but now it looks in doubt reading this. :(

Has anyone on the site managed to make the stalk control work with any aftermarket headunit?

R2TR

Reaction score
I got an adapter from incartec for my Alpine headunit with ipod controller. I think it cost about 80 quid but my display and stalk both work fine. The display only shows 'Alpine' and the time and temperature. Can't find any more details at the moment. Give them a call if your interested.

www.incartec.co.uk

Reaction score
Luke

Thank you, that has at least assured me it's possible, I now just need to make it work with Kenwood.

R2TR

Reaction score
R2TR,
No problem. I found out about it on here too. :D

If you haven't already looked, it's worth looking through the garage section for tips on upgrades.
Good luck,
Luke.