Reaction score
follwoing on from the anoying clicking, the sterios in the clios arnt the best are they

any one planning or changed theres and kept all the romote controlls working?

ideally like a mp3 compatile one and a disk changer

cheers andy

Reaction score
I think a few people have changed their head units already, however I think that an adapter for the remote controls is not yet available for the new Clio. Maybe someone who has changed their stereo can confirm this? :D

Reaction score
as olis said there is no stalk adapter for the trophy as it's different from phase 2 clio's.

Tis a real pain and once one is out i will have one and also upgrade the front speakers as well. I've never been in to louds stero's with subs etc but i do like a quality sound.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep, I've changed the stereo and rear speakers in mine, and also fitted my Dension hard disk MP3 player. Stereo is a Sony FX7750

CDX-F7750.jpeg

There are no stalk and display adapters available for the 05 Clios yet though, including the Trophy.

Reaction score
I have just bought a Alpine cde 9845rb head unit and a lead for the stalk controls fitting it later next week , all from halfords fitting too so hope all the parts are right ,was shocked when they said they could get the stalk lead !

Reaction score
Changed the head unit in mine a few days after picking up the car. Slotted in a SONY F5550 (plays MP3's) - they have them on special at Amazon for £97 quid and the sound is fantastic when you choose the'xplod' and surround-sound modes. Highly recommended for the cost.

sonycdx-f5550.jpg

Doesnt work with the stalk controls as mentioned above, but comes with a remote control if that counts for anything. Only took 15 minutes to install too !

Lee

Reaction score
alpine1.jpg

Got this in mine. Because of the lack of an autochanger and the amount of time I spent sat in the car I wanted an MP3 head unit.

Just waiting on the stalk and display adaptor now. I emailed incartec who make them yesterday. I'll post the reply when I get it.

Lee

Reaction score
richard3 said:
I have just bought a Alpine cde 9845rb head unit and a lead for the stalk controls fitting it later next week , all from halfords fitting too so hope all the parts are right ,was shocked when they said they could get the stalk lead !

You might find it won't work as I did.

I ordered the correct adaptors for mine which stated it worked on an 05 Clio. Unfortunately Renault made a few changes not far into 2005 so the adaptors don't work.

As I said in my above post, I'm waiting for news on the one for the Alpine head unit I have.

Yes mate, that's the one with glide touch. I'm such a gimmich whore, but in the Trophy it's actually a pain in the arse as it's hard to keep your finger on the strip while moving.

Reaction score
please do keep us informed richard as if they now make an adapter i will get my stero sorted out. Cheers

Reaction score
Hi all, first post for me!

I'm looking at an Alpine head too. Combination of being able to attach the pod at some point and the ability to connect up the steering wheel remote (when the adaptor appears). Theres a reasonably cheap one with a few less toys than Lee's that still plays MP3/WMA and also can attach a pod. The 9847 and it goes for about £130. The 9845 is basically the same, except you can't attach the pod adapter but is cheaper, so it's horses for courses.

Regardless of what you go for, I'd advise anyone to get a unit that plays MP3/WMA. Lots less discs to cart round, with only a slight decrease in quality. Some slightly dearer units (like Lee's head) also have software built in to improve the sound quality from compressed media too.

Of course, I'll have to order and collect the Trophy first...

BTW, thanks for the info supplied on <ahem> "another board" Lee. :)

Lee

Reaction score
I only went in to spend £150 on a head unit, but I'm such a tart. When I realised that the Pioneer and other Alpine units I was looking at didn't have a motorised front I had to get an expensive one. :oops:

The sound quality is a lot better than the old Renault one, but I know for a fact that I'll never add an amp or different speakers, and it's highly unlikely I'll be attaching an iPod. But at least I have the option should I ever want to.

No problem Portland. So many car forums. :lol:

Reaction score
Just been to Halfords to have my Alpine fitted took top of dash off and stalk leads dont work bit dissapointed but stereo sounds 100% better and dont miss the stalk, yet. :D

Reaction score
Apparently easier to install stalk and top display leads not a nice sight but its cured my rattles so bit of a result :D