Trophy spotted at BCA.....

Reaction score
Can’t see what number it is, and it’s Grade 4 so probably a bit rough around the edges, but interesting to see what it goes for.....
1021C358-14E4-41F3-B548-26D3E5841F5A.png

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've just phoned a friend @BCA and it's got a reserve of £15000

3 Owner car and last bought in 2009 - 5 services and last done in 2017

I'll bet the Sach's need doing if they are still on the car - We Buy Any Car probably don't even know they should come with them ????

Sale Date Friday this week

Reaction score
Trophy No.

I'll bet the Sach's need doing if they are still on the car - We Buy Any Car probably don't even know they should come with them ????

Any idea what number it is mate? Thanks. :)

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Anyone worked out what Number the car is.

Not sure if any of you know the car cannot be viewed so effectively it's know different to the 1 Owner car sold on Ebay at the weekend

So Buying Blind again will not help the sale price

Oracle

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.

Reading the MOT history would suggest that the Sach`s are still present, as it`s never failed on the dampers, but surely would have looking at the other cheap easy fix failures.

RENAULT CLIO - Check MOT history (check-mot.service.gov.uk)

It will also shatter any illusions that the car has been meticulously maintained regardless of cost.

Presented year after year for MOT with the same corroded rear brake pipe, 2 years on the trot with an o/s broken rear spring, which were replaced the same day each time for a pass, though probably not as a pair, & obviously with OE Trophy items?:)

Tyres below minimum tread depth, corroded discs, the list goes on & on.

Not a cherished car this one.

And why attempt to sell at BCA?

A body shop might see a quick result with a respray, but a £15k reserve should prevent it from even selling.

I`ll be amazed if I`m proved wrong.

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
The only people who will buy this are people in the trade - Buyers Fees are not cheap for a private person and a BCA account would be needed to bid online now anyway.

This car will not sell for a good few weeks due to the reserve -but they Will then find a level to start the bidding at so it becomes an auction

i‘d say the owner knew the car would need a lot of money to recommission and with the Cap rises took the easy option and sold it to We Buy

Oracle

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
The only people who will buy this are people in the trade - Buyers Fees are not cheap for a private person and a BCA account would be needed to bid online now anyway.

This car will not sell for a good few weeks due to the reserve -but they Will then find a level to start the bidding at so it becomes an auction

i‘d say the owner knew the car would need a lot of money to recommission and with the Cap rises took the easy option and sold it to We Buy

So you are saying that the entrant is https://www.webuyanycar.com/ who obviously bought it well under book?

If so, I hope they get their fingers burned.

They value my 172 at less than the cost of the oil change & rear OE rear discs I recently replaced.

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
BCA own We Buy Any Car - and I think you are right about them getting there fingers burnt

They don’t have the skill set to know what there buying and what to look for unlike you Guys who have been around these cars for years

Oracle

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
BCA own We Buy Any Car - and I think you are right about them getting there fingers burnt

They don’t have the skill set to know what there buying and what to look for unlike you Guys who have been around these cars for years

Don`t think they could wipe their own arse, or a change a flat tyre without help.

But they all have a deposit on a Yaris GR.

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Northy - Do you you want me to did on it for you HaHa

I‘ll definitely say it won’t sell tomorrow and funnier things have happened at sea