Trophy Sales on Collecting Cars

Chipper

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
£16750 with 20mins to go, it would be good to know what the reserve is set at…to know if the bidding is close to the sellers expecitations, or not.…!

Reaction score
The fact that it's car no.500,might make enough of a difference for some people to go that bit further to own it as well.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
On to £13250 with 8 hrs to go.…

Anyone willing to stick their neck out and guess what ££ the hammer will fall at?

Im going to be positive and say £22750, it’s a good time to sell as a lot of wealthy people are off work and drunk, as mentioned earlier!

its either going to bomb and not make reserve, or take off like 001 did👀
Reserve must have been high with it unsold at a 20k offer

Chipper

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
The curse of the Collecting Cars ’Secret Reserve’ strikes again!🙄 I wish they would disclose the Reserve by saying Reserve set at 22k or whatever. A full weeks bidding, the effort of the seller taking half a day to have the 150 photos of the car taken and people still don’t know how close, or far away, they were. It could have got over the line if there was a bit more disclosure. Must be frustrating for the bidders and the seller!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I thought that £18.5 would have been a good price, for the buyer! My guess is that They must have been expecting closer to £25k Really nice example but not perfect. Are we allowed to pick holes now? 🙂

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'd imagine CC were onto the seller to reduce/remove the reserve once it got close to that £20k mark.
Yes Francis, that's generally what CC do. Makes me wonder what the seller had set the initial reserve at, and how realistic that was...

Hypothetically, as a seller, I'd have taken £20k all day long for that car.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Who ever bids knows what the reserve is as they take the money/apply for fees straight away before bidding finishes

Reaction score
In today's new marketplace,with the price of most cars going down,it may turn out to be a regretful decision by the seller.

But it's their car so they can do what they want with it.

The reserve must have been at least £21k plus then.

Chipper

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
They get on to you to encourage you remove the reserve completely, my brother was in that situation with his Clubsport S.

Thats not fair on the seller as they are effectively asking you to play Russian Roulette ££ with your pride and joy.

If they just declared the reserve from the start everyone would know where they are and if it was lowered coming to the end of the auction, what it’s lowered to.

I don’t understand why it’s such a guarded secret?!

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I thought that £18.5 would have been a good price, for the buyer! My guess is that They must have been expecting closer to £25k Really nice example but not perfect. Are we allowed to pick holes now? 🙂

Come on Jules - don’t hold back

I’ve already put that the black stickers are missing from the front bumper - must have been painted at some point -