Reaction score
How may of those "supercars" ie million £ motors have been driven by the common man?

Drivers polls are normally made up of every day drivers.

Granted the Trophy may have been driven by around only about 1000 drivers (Journalists, spouses, friends, etc, etc), but I'll bet bet a pound to a penny that Veyrons, MCF1's, Honda NSX/R's etc. have have only been driven by a privileged few.

In my opinion these polls are massively influenced by writers critical opinions.

I love my Trophy and have driven a variety of different cars over the years and the Trophy stands head and shoulders above the rest for sheer driver involvement.

EVO have some good measured opinions but they are not the benchmark that every car should be measured by. I bought my Trophy on the strength of one of them and I'm glad they we're right. :D

Reaction score
This is getting silly, obviously nearly everyone who voted for a Maccer F1 hasn't driven one, I put the Trophy first (doing my bit for the cause) even though I know that it isn't the best driver's car out there, I put the F40 next, before the F1, because it was the car that got me interested in cars in 1984 when I was 5. It was the fastest car in the world and looked and sounded incredible. Kevlar pull chords to open the doors - how cool is that.

It's all far too silly to say you can only vote for car's you have driven, it's just a dream car list FFS, it's not meant to be a performace survey, all regulated and official. How boring would it be if it was all real world cars that people have actually driven, the 205 GTI would have been first by a mile because nearly everyone has driven one and nearly all of those thought it was an excellent driver's car. By this silly crtiterion, the Trophy wouldn't even get a look in, 100 votes at best, there's only about 180 registered on here, 200 Trophy owners out there don't even know what they're driving. Just walked into Renault and thought they were getting a sporty runaround with nice wheels. Then a lot of them sold it to an enthusiast the first time they went over some speed bumps. :lol:

The 182/Trophy is NOT the best driver's car ever made, 15th place from a public vote is pretty bloody good, I imagine most of those votes were for 182's in general anyway, there were 1500 Williams, they've been driven by far more people and only came 32nd!

Reaction score
P.S. The votes were to decide the 10 cars people most wanted to see in a group test together anyway, should have said that first to save all the rambling...

Reaction score
ken wilson said:
how can the 205 beat it when last month it lost to the clio in the best front wheel drive car? :?:

As Gareth said, the running order is entirely based on the website poll, the votes for each model are in brackets. Not that EVO wouldn't contradict themselves so quickly, they've done it before. Look at the ever changing views on the Focus RS.

Personally I think it's best to read about the cars which you're never going to afford and use the real world reports as a very rough guide before a test drive. It's great to get good reports from the journo's about your pride and joy but at the end of the day, if you enjoy driving the car, then you've got a five star car. Unless it's a 206 GTI, they're just rubbish.

Reaction score
lol thats a joke list to not have a Lotus in the top 20 for drivers cars.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
^^^ thats what i said. totally agree.

At the end of the day I think the title explains it - Top Icons. Its about icons not actual cars and how good they are to drive, hence the F1 winning.

The write up they gave tells you that the F1 is a pig to drive, they liked the F40 more but that's not even second..

'nuff said. Also, has any read about the new long termer harry's driving? Comparisons to the Trophy are made.... one up :)

Reaction score
pacey said:
Is this out in the shops yet ? Or is it just the subscibers have there copy ?
Its been out since Friday. Try Tesco's or Asda, they'll have it. :D

Reaction score
I agree that the poll is meaningless in terms of ascertaining the best car or something... what is a good car to one may be a pile of cr*p to another.

That said, some cars you just know are awesome and I certainly don't need to have driven a macca to realise that I want one (badly), and for that matter to know that I want one more than I want a veyron or an f40. If you know just a little about engineering you don't need a car critic to tell you that certain cars are special - the f1 is definitely one such car (as is the Trophy of course!).

Reaction score
chiefbadger said:
Think they're supposed to arrive in the next issue for subscribers IIRC.

Well they didn't makee that clear if it's the case!

Reaction score
Might be worth an email if they dont arrive by the time the new issue is out.

Chiefbadger - Just had a thumb through the 100th issue - the sticker offer wasnt subscriber specific, we should get them just by filling out our details subscriber or not.

Tsk Tsk EVo ;)

Reaction score
Sticker wasn't subscriber specific, but if you do subscribe, then they'll send it out with the mag to save on postage. Think I read it on the Evo website.

Reaction score
Just e-mail them and ask for one, they always like the advertising. That's what I do, put one in my friend's cinquecento the other day. :lol: