Reaction score
just got the new 100th edition of EVO (corner bashed in as per usuall !!! so much for the improved packing we were promised last year!!)
anyway rant over...
trophy reached number 15 in the all time greatest drivers cars...

Reaction score
1.mclaren f1
2.f40
3.zonda
4.integrale
5.veyron
6.nsx/r
7.911-997-gt3
8.911-2.7 rs
9.integra typr r
10.skyline r32/33/34 gt-r
11.carrera gt
12.rs4
13. 205 gti
14. m5 (current)
15.CLIO 182/TROPHY
16.enzo
17.impreza p1
18.m3 cs e46
19.caterham superlite r33/400/500
20.911 996 gt3

rojer386

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Excellent news. More ammo for my mate that goes on about my little gay red Clio. (He drives a pishy gold coloured Honda Civic)

Well done the Trophys!

Reaction score
son of solo said:
just got the new 100th edition of EVO (corner bashed in as per usuall !!! so much for the improved packing we were promised last year!!)
anyway rant over...
trophy reached number 15 in the all time greatest drivers cars...

Strange you should say that coz I lived in Newcastle last year and my copies were regularly battered but now moved to Midlands and magazine arrives pristine...Geordie postmen!! :evil:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
not sure how the pug beat the trophy (rose tinted spec's me thinks) not that's it's not deserving of a place in the top 20.How the MCF1 got top spot I don't know though. It's meant to be a pig to drive and the veyron is amazingly quick but is meant to be numb to drive..... this is what happens when the public vote! icons win and everyone else goes unoticed.

4,6,7,9,4,15 would be my top 6 maybe ina slightly different order... and where is the lotus in the list, surely the Elise or Exige would have made top 20 for driver involvement?

Reaction score
Steve Gunnis said:
and 13th? grrrrr...
Typical Evo :lol:
They just pull these lists and their 'impressions' together depending on how many pints they had the night before. You can't take them any more seriously then you would any list or rankings you'd find in Zoo or Heat :wink:

Reaction score
duffer987 said:
Steve Gunnis said:
and 13th? grrrrr...
They just pull these lists and their 'impressions' together depending on how many pints they had the night before. You can't take them any more seriously then you would any list or rankings you'd find in Zoo or Heat :wink:

No I said Grrr... because I sold my 205 GTI for a Trophy on amongst other things the reports in EVO, it just beat the Pug in the top front driver's, won car of the year and then in the top 100, it gets beaten!

As you say though only a public vote, and I'm actually quite chuffed the little Pug did so well, awesome car, if ever there was an unintentional masterpiece that was it, they just put a big engine in their shite 205 and some stiffer springs and accidentally blew the competition (MK 2 Golf GTi, R5 Turbo, Porsche 944) away. It's all about the yaw, steering feel and how easily the rear could be unloaded mid-corner. Peugeot got lazy and thought the 206 wouldn't require any effort either, how wrong they were.

To come 15th at £15,500 when only 500 were made and most people haven't heard of it is pretty impressive.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Steve Gunnis said:
duffer987 said:
[quote="Steve Gunnis":1p8ycpv4]and 13th? grrrrr...

No I said Grrr... because I sold my 205 GTI for a Trophy on amongst other things the reports in EVO, it just beat the Pug in the top front driver's, won car of the year and then in the top 100, it gets beaten!

As you say though only a public vote, and I'm actually quite chuffed the little Pug did so well, awesome car, if ever there was an unintentional masterpiece that was it, they just put a big engine in their shite 205 and some stiffer springs and accidentally blew the competition (MK 2 Golf GTi, R5 Turbo, Porsche 944) away. It's all about the yaw, steering feel and how easily the rear could be unloaded mid-corner. Peugeot got lazy and thought the 206 wouldn't require any effort either, how wrong they were.

To come 15th at £15,500 when only 500 were made and most people haven't heard of it is pretty impressive.[/quote:1p8ycpv4]

totally agree - but the lancia is in the same bracket. If only the owners could vote and they then used a percentage of total car owners system then i'd bet the Trophy would be top 3.

Reaction score
Public vote? :shock: That mean all of Evo's contributors over 100 issues? It didn't include 'regular' folk like us did it?

Reaction score
i've been thinking about this today ...
it says "voted by you" in the headline (p.75) which is fair enough,nice of them to ask ...but when you think about it the McLaren is number 1 .... but how many evo readers could have possibly driven one to vote it as their No.1 car...let alone the veyron of which there are apparently only 2 in the country...!
maybe they should have asked a shed load of motoring journos who have actually driven the cars...not asked readers what they imagine to be the best drivers cars ever built....
am i reading to much into this

Reaction score
Thats why I asked, cause if that is the case its bloody stupid! As you've rightly pointed out how many of the general public have actually driven any of the cars on that list, especially the more exotic ones...heck how many people havve actually driven a Trophy? :wink:

Reaction score
They had a link on the website for subscribers (and joe public i think) with a list of possibles from memory. Think you had to vote for your top 10. I had the trophy, P1 and rs4, 996 gt3 and r33 in mine (only ones i've been lucky enough to experience even from the passenger seat! Glad the trophy's in the top 20, and also chuffed that the nsx makes it in from a public vote!