BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Im booked on at Croft on the 3rd May with Javelin guys.

Max

Reaction score
BenG said:
Im booked on at Croft on the 3rd May with Javelin guys.

Woohoo! Will be a great day.

I can see it now, your Trophy anihilating my MX-5 down the back straight.

I'm sure you'll have done this already Ben, but get on Youtube, good way to get a feel for the circuit.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm sure you'll have done this already Ben, but get on Youtube, good way to get a feel for the circuit.

Im way ahead of ya there. + I had a good walk around some of the curcuit last year at the BTCC, not literally on the curcuit because that would be stupid :wink: .

Reaction score
stormduck said:
I havn't tried sitting in my trophy with a helmet...might look a bit strange going to the shops...but on track is not possible to have ur head shoot to right and smash through the side window?? I guess you wouldn't with a harness but a normal seatbelt?

In a shunt that violent your neck would probably have snapped by that point.. And if you have a side impact hard enough for your head and whole body to move close enough to the window the window will already be smashed in the initial impact.

I'd be more concerned about my arms flayling about and ending up out the window and getting crushed against something in a very violent crash...

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ive read on CS of regulations changing for 2010 trackdays whereby helmets will have to be properly certified following the minimum MSA regulations, surely that renders my bike helmet useless.

Can anyone shed any light on this ? Is it worth forking out £200+ for an MSA certified helmet.