BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hello :D .

Are there any specific requirements for track day helmets? I have a decent motorbike helmet but not sure that it will be allowed?

Thank you.

Ben.

Reaction score
Should be fine with motorbike helmet. Got bike one and has never been actually checked by track day organizers.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Oh cool, thats good news. :D

Thanks guys.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i'd stay clear of Bike helmets for the simple reason that the vision is more limited when looking straight forward as opposed to up slightly (as with most modern forwards position bikes).

Go for the best you can afford - the only choice to make is open or closed face.... open is fine unless you want to use with roofless car - in which case a visor will be needed. But on a hot day in an enclosed cabin they can be unbearably hot.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
DSCF3020.jpg

DSCF3021.jpg

DSCF3022.jpg

Plenty of visibility. Im more than happy using it if its ok to do so for trackdays.

Reaction score
That should be fine, I've always used my Arai bike helmet. If it's built to save your head falling off a bike then it should be more than up to the job of protecting it in the Trophy. If I had spare cash then I would buy an open face helmet for in the car just to keep cooler.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
^^^ Hahahahaha, Funny :|

I have to wear a super cool helmet so I look less of a tit.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi Max.

Im hoping to get out on the next Oulton Park or Croft Track day, there both the nearest. To be honest ive not looked yet but when something comes up ill most definetly give you a shout. Looking forward to it.

Reaction score
BenG said:
Hi Max.

Im hoping to get out on the next Oulton Park or Croft Track day, there both the nearest. To be honest ive not looked yet but when something comes up ill most definetly give you a shout. Looking forward to it.

Let me know if your going to Oulton Ben

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Will do Keith. I would rather go to Oulton Park than Croft so chances are I will be booking one at Oulton.

Keep ya posted.

Reaction score
keith185 said:
BenG said:
Hi Max.

Let me know if your going to Oulton Ben

And me!

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi Colin.

Yeah thats cool mate. 8)

All you track day enthusiasts can show me how to drive then :wink:

Reaction score
I havn't tried sitting in my trophy with a helmet...might look a bit strange going to the shops...but on track is not possible to have ur head shoot to right and smash through the side window?? I guess you wouldn't with a harness but a normal seatbelt?

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I havn't tried sitting in my trophy with a helmet...might look a bit strange going to the shops...but on track is not possible to have ur head shoot to right and smash through the side window?? I guess you wouldn't with a harness but a normal seatbelt?

I tried it in mine the other day and my head hits the roof lining where it curves down by the windows first. Probably no chance I would hit the actual window.

Reaction score
Oit of interest there are some new MSA approved suppliers at much lower prices. Google for Hedtec.