Reaction score
*update*
went back to Northampton Motorsports last Friday. The top man came out for a spin and said he didn't hink it was too bad and he'd be happy driving it, however, he left it up to me wether to put it back on the hunter machine to check measurements and dial in some toe out, so I went for it. When it was all rigged up and the steering wheel was straight, front left and right toe settings were showing a discrepancy of about 25min (tolerance is 5 min) one side slightly toeing in, the other out! Basically the lad who had done the setup in the first place had done a shoddy job (even though they didn't say that) I had both sides toe dialled in to factory (12min out overall) - with the steering wheel straight! and the car is transformed!
Less sensitive to road camber, not twitchy at all, as they warned me it might be, and seems to be cornering better with less understeer? but that might just be in my head!
I'm very happy with the end result, and my second visit to NMS, free of charge of course, but it should have been done right in the first place really.
Tom

Reaction score
BenG said:
Thats good.
Im 2.5 hours away ! I need mine booking in asap but im waiting for my camber bolts to arrive first.
Im tempted to book myself in with there being a weeks wait but if my camber bolts done arrive Id have to cancel.

Let me know how you get on Scott.

Are you going for the standard geometry setup or are you changing it slightly ?

At last its sorted, no more pulling to the left.
When they first put it on they said the camber was spot on as standard -0.40.
As for the toe it was 0 toe in on the front left and 0.10 toe in on the right.
They have set it to 0.12 toe out total.
Steering wheel level.
Rear camber was -1.31 both sides and 0.14 total toe.

Today was the first dry day since it was set so took it for a spin down a twisty road and found it was mint, it now feels like it did when i bought it, even though i now have crappy eagle F1's on the front so i would imagine when i get some PE2's back on it will be even better. The PE2's are next on my list after the cam and aux belt at the end of the month.
Im happy with it now, think i will be purchasing some camber bolts for my next visit though :) .

One thing that did concern me a bit was they said it is showing my castor as being out???
2.40 both sides front and back, but they did say that as its the same all round it shouldnt matter??
From what i can find this is about the correct castor settings.
Anyway like i said im happy with it so...
Cost £30 and the mechanic actually came out and explained it to me so better than the last place i took it.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Good price that. Glad your happy with the results, mine is booked in for Saturday 14th (bit of a treat for the loved one on Valentines day :wink: )

Reaction score
BenG said:
Good price that. Glad your happy with the results, mine is booked in for Saturday 14th (bit of a treat for the loved one on Valentines day :wink: )

You got it booked in at Revolution or somewhere else?
I would imagine if you want it setup different to standard they may charge a little bit more, not much i wouldnt think though.

Reaction score
Scott - i don't know what they were trying to tell you but there is not any castor at the backon the Clio!!

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Booked in at Revolution Scott. Ive got some camber bolts I want them to fit and im changing the setup.

Reaction score
I’ve recently had my geometry checked at Tyres Northampton on there Hunter kit and I’m a little confused with the printouts. My front toe measurements were -0.14 left and -0.37 right, total toe -0.51. This was changed to -0.06 left and -0.07 right, total toe -0.13. My question is does minus mean its toe in? I thought it should be +0.13?

The reason I ask is now it seems to pull to either side a lot under heavy breaking but more worryingly at speed (70-80mph+) if I turn slightly while accelerating gently it weaves violently and I have to lift or even brake to stop it.

My camber seems what it should be (around -0.5 front and -1.3 rear).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Dan.

Reaction score
Toe out = -ve.
Toe in = +ve

I run aroun 0.0 toe on front and 0.1 to 0.2 on rear.

Not 100% of exact value but should be slightly +ve toe on rear.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. It turns out the dodgy feel was due to a knackered ball joint not geometry and Tyres Northampton kindly set it up again for me after I had the ball joint done.