Reaction score
Just a quick question, whats your mpg like at the mo? My Dads moved jobs a couple of weeks ago and since the longer journey to work the mpg has gone up .1 everyday!
Its now at 34.5mpg and hes only using unleaded as there is no super around here.

Reaction score
My average is about 29! and that is with some motorway driving. It was on 25.6 for a day or so after filling up with Optimax. I was driving quite enthusiastically though. Never got more than 301 miles out of a 45 litre fill up in my GTI so I'm fine with that.

Reaction score
I have not reset my MPG meter for over 5000 miles and am averaging 32mpg - 70% motorway and 30% city driving.

O.

Reaction score
I struggle to get anything over 28, having said that it's almost all fast b road or city driving. I'm actually really pleased with it. The C2 VTS that I had previously struggle to get much more than 26mpg on the same runs.

I do have a bit of a tendency to enjoy the gears though! Still haven't done a track day, but have had it as low as 18 on some of the broads round me. All very twisty so rarely out of 2nd gear.

Reaction score
...and how good is second gear?! Slings you out of corners like a catapult, keep it on till it's really noisy and straight into third's power band, oops doing 90. think license, think license.

Reaction score
Yeah, the uber fun is 2nd to 3rd. Then usually change up to 5th in the outside lane of the M67 and start looking out for unmarked cars :cry:

When we're taking it easy, tend to get about 34 MPG, as we have a nice run to work with few traffic lights and junctions. When we're having fun and using the small one on the right a bit more, it starts dropping to low 20's.

Reaction score
Never had less than 34 mpg but mainly long drives with occassional short runs around country lanes. Just back from a trip to Birmingham over 1 week via Stevenage, Rugby Birmingham, Harlow and back to East Sussex. Got stuck in traffic on M25 and M1 on way up but after that no traffic problems on way back to Harlow. Some town driving in rush hour there and then a horrendous 3.5 hr journey back from Harlow last night. Had to get to M11 via Bishop's Storford as Harlow junction closed, M25 closed and had to go via back roads from junction 4 to sevenoaks and then home. Still averaged 37 mpg though.

Reaction score
37?!?!?!?!

mine only does about 34 at a cruise controlled 79mph - i would imagine it does 37 at 70, but that doesnt include any stopping or starting, or overtaking....

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I can confirm that a lap of the ring used 5.5 litres of fuel today :D

This is looking like being an expensive weekend seeing as i'm planing on doing 15-20 laps :shock:

Reaction score
carole, if u are thinking about selling ur car next year give me a shout

Reaction score
ive just bought my trophy, filled it up with optimax and on the trip home i was managing 39.6 down the motorway, i was very surprised!!

Even when i got back to the country roads i was getting 34-35 mpg.

Reaction score
im still in the honeymoon period johnny!!

used to have the v6 down to 15 on a good day!!! :wink:

Reaction score
chunkv6 said:
ive just bought my trophy, filled it up with optimax and on the trip home i was managing 39.6 down the motorway, i was very surprised!!

Even when i got back to the country roads i was getting 34-35 mpg.

Were you being towed by a diesel audi? I've tried to drive mine all week like a fairy, not gone over 3000rpm and not over 60 once, and i'm still only on about 36 mpg. Still pay day today so back to optimax and time to use the other 4000 revs.