Reaction score
This is a bit like the chips away/ dent devil type situations, they are only as good a the local guy in you area doing it. Worth asking around locally and seeing the quality off work before you commit. Not really my thing tbh but a friend has had his Type R done and they did a really good job, compared to another mates R32 which the back screen looked a joke!

Reaction score
Good news everyone I had mine done today and it looks fantastic!! I'll get some pics up tomorrow so you can see. I keep looking out the window at it now :p

Day

Reaction score
needpics.gif

Day

Reaction score
You have had nearly 20 mins now and yet, I still see no pics! :lol:

Reaction score
Sorry about the wait but ive had a busy day!! Ok here we go. They are only very light tints but some of the pics look a lot darker than they actually are because of the light. My girlfriend who did the actual tinting is in the last pic cos I thought it only fair that she get credited for a job well done. I have taken an inside shot with the window slightly down so you can see the difference from in the car. Also sometimes the back windows seem slightly darker because they are looking in on a black interior whilst the front ones have light from the windscreen behind them but all the windows are, in fact , the same.

Let me know what u think!

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Stunning........ oh, and the tints look good too :lol: :wink:

Looks like a good job. Wasn't to sure from the first pic, but I quite like it in the later photos. I think i'd like them if i saw them in reality.

Reaction score
hyb said:
Looks good! are the fronts legal tint?
The pics are really misleading. its a really light tint but the light reflecting on it in the photos make it look like they are really dark. When you actually see it it looks quite light and not at all as dark as the pics.
Im told the tints are 38% which means they let in 38% of the light. You can get 50% as well but its not even worth having to be honest. Most of the Max Power boys will have 20% tints which I believe are not legal. In Dubai they have 5% tints which are basically black.

Reaction score
Looking very nice, Still unsure if i would Tint my windows, TBH i was looking at security film, but non tinted may have to investigate further into this.

Reaction score
digging up an old thread here..... not sure if i quite like dark tints, but whats people's opinions on having a lightly smoked window all round?

IMG_4818.jpg

the rear windows are darker than the fronts on the Liquid... but i'm thinking of something as lightly tinted as the front windows all the way round on the Trophy - chav?

Reaction score
Love Ian's comment above :lol:

Love that photo Gareth :D Shame about the Dr Pepper bottle though :(
I think the yellow/black combo helps make the tints look good on the above car. Can't see it having the same effect on the trophy but I could be wrong.

Reaction score
they don't look too bad, but I will not be getting tints on the trophy. Don't think it quite suits the car and I had enough trouble in my old car with tints...they were quite dark and you couldn't park properly at night, you had to put the window down etc and constantly worry if you are going to get stopped by the police!