Reaction score
ive never really got to the bottom of the throttle jamming , i did report it to renault services and they inturn contacted the dealer , so i imagine they have logged this fault .the only prob is they cant fix something thats not broke and they couldnt recreate it to diagnose it .
it was a complete 1 off incident ...

Reaction score
Hi Catas

Hi Catas :)
I truly hope it is a one-off for you.
As you say, dealers aren't good at solving problems like this. The trouble is they dont have any time to properly research a problem they cant see or can't re-create within 5 minutes. They dont even have the time (and probably dont have the interest) to think about it afterwards. So onward we go until it happens again. (As I say, I hope it doesn't in this case).
What it needs IMHO is a proper engineer who understands the throttle mechanism intimately to spend time thoroughly examining your car and the other one that had this issue, to see if he/she can find something that may have caused it. In my opinion the engineer should come from Renault.
Of course I am probably expecting far too much and should go back to my hole on planet 'Optimist' but hey, if we dont ask we dont get! :lol:

Reaction score
A lady who I work with had her throttle jammed open in her Laguna (52 reg). Despite turning the ignition off the enginge continued to rev in neutral and eventually gave way in a large puff of smoke (diesel engine).

She had to abandon it on the M1...

Ah the wonderful world of automotive electronics :)

Cheers
O.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
^^ At least she had the sense to turn the ignition off rather than keep going for 60 miles before crashing into a roundabout :roll: :lol:

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me last night with my throttle got stuck FLAT OUT for 5 mins turned the car off and back on 6 times and it was still SCREAMING FLAT OUT with revs to the limiter.
Dont no what to do with it gonna go to RENAULT and see what they say.

Reaction score
There must be a technical note for this problem by now, I suggest asking the question on the Renaultsport forum as well since RUK people are regulars there. When I'm in my local dealer Tuesday I'll ask.

Reaction score
My throttle jammed on saturday. I pushed it a couple of times and it released itself. It happened again twice this morning though. My passenger wasn't impressed!

Anyone know what this is yet?

Reaction score
Mine's done it on a few occasions, only ever stuck for about half a second at the most though... just meant it bounced off the limiter 2/3 times when I put the clutch down before releasing itself, but took me by surprise somewhat!

The problem with mine was that the pedal itself was physically stuck at the bottom rather than something funny in the electronics etc, it seemed to be some sort of unwanted interaction between the pedal and the speed limiter disengage switch, because it only happened if I pushed hard enough to activate that switch... I could instantly tell it had happened because I didn't feel the switch click back off as I took my foot off, and then I was aware the pedal hadn't followed my foot :?

The garage had a look at it and supposedly found no explanation, but it hasn't done it at all since (this was about 6 months ago), they might have given things a clean/lube etc.

Is it just your throttle sticking or the pedal itself?

Reaction score
Noodle,
I think mine has been the same, but it only releases when I push it hard and let go. I'm not sure if I have been pushing the pedal past the switch, but probably! :wink: It all happens pretty quickly!
It hasn't stuck for a few days now but I'll have a good look at the weekend.

Thanks for replying,
Luke.