Reaction score
I'm interested in getting an orbisoud but wanted to hear what it was like... Are any of you orbisoud owners going to fcs tomorrow? I would love to hear your exhaust. :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well potentially all three of us are going, though streetfighter was going to fit his today and I've not heard yet, also just read the terms and conditions, have to be there by 9 and your not allowed to leave till 5 so if the weather is crap I'll probably not bother. Also you really need to have a run in one and we'll not be able to do that.

Reaction score
Thanx for that... I just want to have a chat and hear owners views on them. Not sure whether to go for silenced or unsilenced etc. My names Av by the way. Cheerz

Reaction score
Well I fitted the Orb this afternoon and WOW what a sound.
I was looking at buying a bike again but I've got a car that sounds like one now!!
It is loud when your working it, but quite ok when cruising. I would have to say though that if you were using it as a daily commuter over some distance you may get tired of it.

But it does sound amazing!! People definitely look up :twisted:

As for FCS I think i'm going to pull the pin on it because of the dubious weather forecast. What area you in Av?

Anyone else wanting to hear it PM me and I'll be happy to give you a taster (depending where you are :wink: )

Reaction score
Trophy No.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Lived with it for a few days now, does make a fabulous noise and if you want it to be quietish just treat the go peddle with a bit of respect and it will be.

Reaction score
just dont drive with the go peddle depressed more than an inch and you hardly know its there, but then when you want some attention, just press and enjoy! lol! My mates love it! lol!

Reaction score
Cool Hand Luke said:
Good stuff chaps - glad you're happy with the new purchases :)

Julz - whats the story behind the pic with the bumper off? Was that necessary? Can only think maybe you wanted the OEM one off in one piece so the axle had to be dropped - but usually the bumper would be on for that :? Bet you are indeed like the biggest cat with the mostest cream at the moment!

The volume was one of my concerns when i looked into the Orb system, everyone wants something different from their system of choice - i wanted something subtle and pretty quiet.

Anyway - glad you got them fitted and are enjoying the Trophy's new soundtrack ;)

when i done my exhaust, I had to drop the rear axle so that we could get the standard exhaust out as would rather not have chopped the standard exhaust in half. However, I just dropped my rear axle and it came out, but everyone said that you don't need to drop the rear axle, but if angelworks did, then it seems it is necessary!

in regards to the orbisound, does look lovely, fits perfectly in the exhaust holes! How loud is it tho? The word headache is being used alot. What db is it? My yozza is just under 98db at full chat but sitting at 70 on cruise control and around town, its barely noticeable which is the perfect balance! Is the orb loud all the time?

Reaction score
When I fitted mine I did not want to cut the exhaust so the ONLY way to remove it was to let the rear beam hang down. Unless we are missing something staringly obvious there is no other way to do it.

As for the noise, it is not loud all the time, but if there is load on the engine yes it makes some noise. Loud is also down to preception, at tickover you definitely know it's there. And over the OE exhaust of course you would say it's loud. Officially it is an 95dBa system so not even as loud as your Yozza.
If you're cruising around at any sensible speed limit (30-70) it's pretty quiet, like you almost forget about it, I say almost because you still know what you have. If you were using your car for long motorway commutes I would not recommend the 'race' Orb but that is not what it was designed for, there is a separate sytem for everyday road use (87dBa). I'd love to give you a demo so you can experience it first hand but you're a bit far away!!
The system was designed to perform, every time you push that right hand pedal it performs! :lol:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i'd say (having heard it) unles you go over 4-4.5k revs it's like an OEM exhaust. When you get about 4k it sounds nice. 4k in 5th is going to be around 90mph, how many times do you actually hit 4k revs on anything other than an open road?

Reaction score
Guessing u will be going to USC with X2C Matt? If so come and have a listen!

Reaction score
sounds the perfect balance then, just lud when you want it to be.

theo said:
Guessing u will be going to USC with X2C Matt? If so come and have a listen!

not sure, may do....is that the one at Santa Pod?? When is it?

Reaction score
Matt X2C said:
[quote="Cool Hand Luke":niprym2p]Good stuff chaps - glad you're happy with the new purchases :)

Julz - whats the story behind the pic with the bumper off? Was that necessary? Can only think maybe you wanted the OEM one off in one piece so the axle had to be dropped - but usually the bumper would be on for that :? Bet you are indeed like the biggest cat with the mostest cream at the moment!

The volume was one of my concerns when i looked into the Orb system, everyone wants something different from their system of choice - i wanted something subtle and pretty quiet.

Anyway - glad you got them fitted and are enjoying the Trophy's new soundtrack ;)

when i done my exhaust, I had to drop the rear axle so that we could get the standard exhaust out as would rather not have chopped the standard exhaust in half. However, I just dropped my rear axle and it came out, but everyone said that you don't need to drop the rear axle, but if angelworks did, then it seems it is necessary!

in regards to the orbisound, does look lovely, fits perfectly in the exhaust holes! How loud is it tho? The word headache is being used alot. What db is it? My yozza is just under 98db at full chat but sitting at 70 on cruise control and around town, its barely noticeable which is the perfect balance! Is the orb loud all the time?[/quote:niprym2p]

Removing the ex without cutting is just tidier and easier/cleaner, plus it nicer to have a whole OEM ex if needed.

Dropping the beam just makes life easier for 2 bolts work and removing the bumper is 6 bolts and prevents any scratches when wiggling the exhaust.

Reaction score
BenR said:
Matt X2C said:
[quote="Cool Hand Luke":2a0simwt]Good stuff chaps - glad you're happy with the new purchases :)

in regards to the orbisound, does look lovely, fits perfectly in the exhaust holes! How loud is it tho? The word headache is being used alot. What db is it? My yozza is just under 98db at full chat but sitting at 70 on cruise control and around town, its barely noticeable which is the perfect balance! Is the orb loud all the time?

Removing the ex without cutting is just tidier and easier/cleaner, plus it nicer to have a whole OEM ex if needed.

Dropping the beam just makes life easier for 2 bolts work and removing the bumper is 6 bolts and prevents any scratches when wiggling the exhaust.[/quote:2a0simwt]

ok yeah, I had to be careful wiggling the exhaust out not to hit the bumper, so probably is best on a customer car to get the bumper off and avoid scratching the bumper.

so in conclusion, 182 exhausts are alot of effort to change, but worth it once done :lol: :D