Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just got back, am in a bit of a hurry so just a quick heads up;

F**king awesome, very loud, moreso than i expected, your girlfriends are not going to like it :lol:

Will post more tomorrow and try to get a video together.

Reaction score
Good thing i am single! If i wasnt i doubt i could have afforded it! lol!

I am VERY jealous that you got yours fitted before me, but its less than 19 hours til i go to Rentech now! Very very excited! Its been killing me having it in my car! lol!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just lost a massive post because the forum logged me out so you'll just have to make do with some more pix at the moment.

Attachments

• phpiUsFnaAM.jpg
    phpiUsFnaAM.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 206
  • phpR6Ye2CAM.jpg
    phpR6Ye2CAM.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 210
  • phpuZYaXMAM.jpg
    phpuZYaXMAM.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 210
Reaction score
Looks nice, just can't get my head round the way you can see the lower half of the back box from the rear of the car :?

Bet it sounds fantastic :twisted:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Firstly i'd like to thank Ben and the guys at angelworks especially for waiting the 80 mins that i was late due to motorway morons on the M25, i could hear the bleating of sheep over the cd as they all followed each other up the outside lane.
Once you get your hands on an orbisoud you realise why it costs so much, in a word quality and also the weight, you could quite easily tuck it under your arm and go for a stroll, try that with the reno one and you'll give yourself a hernia, i was pretty shocked at how heavy that thing was.
The sound was not quite what i expected, it's got a much lower burble at idle and under load than the ones i'd heard on download, it's also much much louder than I expected which when you've got a headache of blackhole proportions got very irritating, i was worried that it may be hard to live with, but i took it for a pootle around this morning with the seats and parcel shelf back in place and it sounded great.
As to the remap and manifold match i also had done i think i'll need to do a little more different driving though it does seem a little more 'eager'
I am the cat that ate the cream :D

Reaction score
I like the way you can see the lower half of the back box! Then everyone can see the quality piece of kit you are the proud owner of!

I know what you mean about the lower burble, but when you boot it, it has that lovely sound! It seems to produce a bit more cabin boom than i expected at some speeds on the motorway, but it is easily sorted with a little bit of a foot tweak! lol!

Dont know if my neighbours feel my enthusiasm for it! Mike at Rentech however loved it when he took it for the test drive! As did his other mechanic! Will get some pics soon!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Theo pretty much agree but believe when you've got a headache the size of a planet that cabin boom is not fun. :lol:

Reaction score
Mite look into a bit of Dynomat to sound proof it and sort it out! Esp if i am lookin at a cage and takin the back seats out!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Theo, do you keep looking over your shoulder thinking blimey he's a bit close, then realise it's you :lol:

Reaction score
Havent yet, only done one drive with it in at the moment and that was going home! Off out in a min tho so will have more to report tomorrow morning!

Reaction score
Good stuff chaps - glad you're happy with the new purchases :)

Julz - whats the story behind the pic with the bumper off? Was that necessary? Can only think maybe you wanted the OEM one off in one piece so the axle had to be dropped - but usually the bumper would be on for that :? Bet you are indeed like the biggest cat with the mostest cream at the moment!

The volume was one of my concerns when i looked into the Orb system, everyone wants something different from their system of choice - i wanted something subtle and pretty quiet.

Anyway - glad you got them fitted and are enjoying the Trophy's new soundtrack ;)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cool Hand Luke said:
Julz - whats the story behind the pic with the bumper off? Was that necessary? Can only think maybe you wanted the OEM one off in one piece so the axle had to be dropped - but usually the bumper would be on for that :?

I did tell them to chop it so i could take it home in the back but they've got a contract with a courier for a fixed price service so at some point the original will be coming through my letterbox. And yes it made it easier to get off in one piece.
The orb is only really loud under hard acceleration, you can potter around at 60 very happily and quite quietly. :)