Reaction score
This is basically my spec, although I went for ktr solid top mounts instead of new Renault ones, they caused me loads of issues when used with sport lines, converted to the PMS mounts and never looked back, they are superb!

What is the ride like with the PMS top mounts?

I was thinking of getting them and the strut brace, too.

Reaction score
Ride is a bit harsher as expected but feels so much firmer and precise! I tried it with the strut brace and couldn't tell much difference although alot of people on cliosport seem to think it causes more understeer! I borrowed a brace of a mate so I could line the holes up and swap one in at a later date but not sure I will bother with it!

Reaction score
Although I recently sold my Trophy, I had Koni rear dampers & rebuilt adjustable front Sachs on mine & would not return to the Sachs rears as the Koni's offer a more controlled rear end. Though I also ran Mark Fish springs which are brilliant in being firm but perfectly matched to the damper rates plus Eibach front camber bolts with 2degrees negative camber and a WhiteLine rear anti-roll bar. Once you've driven that set up back to back with standard you would never go back.

Although no reports on here of rear springs breaking it does happen on Clios as the pigs tail lower section of spring sits in the spring cup and rusts eventually snapping & its an MOT failure.

As for reliability, I've yet to come across any damper that lasts for life, or for that matter one that doesn't feel a little tired over 60ish k when compared to new.

SoS

Reaction score
I want to keep mine fairly standard, so don't want to drill the turrets for new top mounts, but I think fittings Konis seem to be an improvement over the standard Sachs, if they are also cheaper than that is a bonus. All I have to do is wait for my front Sachs to be done.

I don't really want the car too low or crashy over the bumps as it will be mainly used as a road car rather than track focussed.

Reaction score
Anyone any ideas on where I can find the Koni's? Tried Larkspeed and Motorsportworld and apparently they are unavailable till September/October due to the factory going into liquidation.

May have to stump up for Sachs but don't want to if Koni's are better. :(

Reaction score
Give Adam @ Renault Wolverhampton a call for a quote on the rear Sachs. He might be able to do a better deal for you than Wests.

You can contact him on 0844 558 8799.

Thanks for that! Just phoned on the off chance and ordered the Sachs for £201ish. I'd have preferred Konis but I really can't be without the car too much longer. I'm sure with the Sportlines and having non-leaking shiny new Sachs the handling will be much improved regardless!

Reaction score
I'd have preferred Konis but I really can't be without the car too much longer.

Surely either would take the same amount of time to order / receive?

Should feel a hell of alot better with new springs and rear shocks though, mine felt tragic when a rear shock was leaking

Reaction score
Thanks for that! Just phoned on the off chance and ordered the Sachs for £201ish. I'd have preferred Konis but I really can't be without the car too much longer. I'm sure with the Sportlines and having non-leaking shiny new Sachs the handling will be much improved regardless!

No problem mate. Glad you got a slightly better price!

Reaction score
Well I am still without dampers!! Was told 5 working days from France for the Sachs, two weeks ago! Turns out they are on backorder with no timescale for actually delivering them, most helpful. So, Konis AND Sachs unavailable so I have just resorted to 182 cup dampers from Ktec. Even they won't arrive till middle of next week if I am lucky.

How can it be this difficult to get parts?!! I really object to buying two sets of dampers (seeing as the standard 182s will be a stop gap) so may will just not bother replacing the standard items if the handling is okay. Its hard not to let this whole suspension debacle (including refurbing front dampers) tarnish the ownership experience somewhat

Grrrrrrr.

Last edited:
Reaction score
There's plenty of konis available all over the web!! Also somones selling some Sachs rears over on cliosport!

Reaction score
There's plenty of konis available all over the web!! Also somones selling some Sachs rears over on cliosport!

Both Larkspeed and Motorsport World told me the factory for the Konis has gone into liquidation and as such there wouldn't be any available until October. There may be the odd pair kicking around but I just need the car back on the road so standard 182 dampers it is for now.

The good thing is this means I can wait for Konis rather than pay over the odds for Sachs.

Reaction score
Not available for immediate despatch their website says! I am quicker getting 182 dampers (they're already ordered) then at least I can look around and find best deal on Konis at my leisure if I feel the need. Main priority is car back on the road ASAP!

Last edited:
Reaction score
It will handle like crap with standard dampers on the back!! Better of buying the cheap 2nd hand Sachs off cliosport and waiting it out on those? Be cheaper and probably drive better?

Reaction score
Although no reports on here of rear springs breaking it does happen on Clios as the pigs tail lower section of spring sits in the spring cup and rusts eventually snapping & its an MOT failure.

Had a look at my suspension this evening and that is exactly what has happened to mine. Just the kick up the behind I needed to sort out some sport lines and rear koni's, then get the fronts off to cornering force for a refurb.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Rear koni's are available from Mark Fish. Re sportlines, are people aware that the trophy springs are upgraded versions of the sportlines specifically engineered to work with the unique dampers??

Unless you know what your doing re spring rates and their pairing with damper rates i'd leave the fronts as standard as possible.

Reaction score
Last year I ordered a new set of front dampers when Wests Renault were selling them for £470 each. Took over 3 months before they arrived, even when I chased Renault UK on a weekly basis. When they arrived they had a different part number and are used for the Twingo R1 rally car. The O/S has gone soft unfortunately and so soon after fitting, fortunately it's being replaced under warrenty (parts supplied by Renault come with 1 yr warrenty). However, West Renault tell me that the original Sachs dampers are now available for a princely sum of £1400 each.

Reaction score
After all that carry-on with rear dampers the Trophy feels superb. Whether its the new sportlines making the difference I don't know, but running standard 182 rear dampers doesn't seem to cause any issues at all. I'm seriously questioning whether its worth the £200 for Konis...next year maybe!