Reaction score
Put the Trophy in for its annual service/MOT and it turns out BOTH front springs are broken and a rear damper is leaking. Car had basically sat for 6 months straight beforehand so I am surprised. Front dampers are fine with no leaks (they were refurbed last August). My questions to you good people are as follows:

-Where is the best place to find replacement OE rear dampers?
-ditto for springs?
-Is there any sense in replacing the rear springs while I am at it? i.e are they prone to failing too if still the originals?

Many thanks!

Reaction score
Replace all springs for eibach spotlines personally, and as for oe sachs rears. I believe 'wests renault' on cliosport can get them.

Reaction score
I would echo SJ and suggest replacing for sportlines all round, i think it feels alot better than the standard springs and sits a bit nicer too.

The adjustable Koni rear shocks are also a worthy upgrade over the standard sachs rears.

Rear springs dont tend to fail from what i've seen, seems alot of Trophys are snapping front springs recently!

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! I've read a lot of good things about Sportlines especially given the saving over Trophy springs. Could I fit standard 182 Cup rear dampers with the Sportline Springs? Would that mess with the handling at all do you think?

Cheers

Reaction score
Another vote for the Sportlines here. I'll be getting some in the near future.

With regards to fitting 182 Cup rear dampers, I personally wouldn't. I can't imagine they'd be very well matched to the front Sachs dampers.

As has been mentioned, Wests Renault (who advertise on ClioSport.net) should be able to supply you with some rear Sachs dampers at a competitive price. Probably around £200-£300.

Reaction score
Thanks Tommo, I'm all but set on getting sportlines now and have just called Wests and left a message regarding rear dampers.

Reaction score
182 Cup Rears are far far too soft for the job! Either standard sachs or adjustable koni's would be the best way to move forward, i have the latter an can honestly say i wouldnt consider returning to standard sachs rears

Reaction score
I bought mine from larkspeed for £177 delivered, i believe Claude bought his from the same place for a similar price, theyve been on over 12 months and i've had no issues with them, Koni seem fairly reputable in terms of shocks and reliability, think they came with a 5 year warranty but im pretty sure its been reduced to 1 year now. Theyre probably just as reliable as the sachs but you get the option of being able to adjust them to suit your style/needs

Reaction score
They look like the ones. Theres a guide for fitting them over on cliosport.net, as putting the top mount / bump stop on can be tricky

Reaction score
Rear damper options I now have are:

Adjustable Konis - £194 delivered from Larkspeed
Sachs - £244.10 delivered from Wests (just spoke to them on phone)

Any final opinions either way from anyone? Ideally need to decide this afternoon.

Many thanks again.

nbc

Reaction score
Prsonally, I would go OE Sachs to keep my car's authenticity but if the car is modified i'd probably go the Koni route.

Depends on your car's originality I think..

Reaction score
My car is pretty much standard, although I'll be fitting Eibach Sportlines so really not sure on the rear dampers as I don't want to regret my decision! Anyone one here driven both setups?

Reaction score
I've driven both setups, like i said previously I wouldn't ever go back to the standard sachs rear shocks again, a number of other users run the same combo Sachs Fronts, Koni Rears and Eibach Sportlines, it is most excellent, felt so much better being able to turn the rear up a little bit over standard! Standard sachs rears are a little bit overpriced too if you ask me, you get much more for your money with the Koni's

Reaction score
Give Adam @ Renault Wolverhampton a call for a quote on the rear Sachs. He might be able to do a better deal for you than Wests.

You can contact him on 0844 558 8799.

Reaction score
If you do go for them make sure you find the step by step picture guide over on cliosport.net the instructions koni include are waff

SoS

Reaction score
Good topic as my front Sachs are in for refurb, so I am planning a complete refresh. I am thinking Koni rears and sportlines with new front top mounts so the info on this thread is useful for me as well.

Reaction score
Good topic as my front Sachs are in for refurb, so I am planning a complete refresh. I am thinking Koni rears and sportlines with new front top mounts so the info on this thread is useful for me as well.

This is basically my spec, although I went for ktr solid top mounts instead of new Renault ones, they caused me loads of issues when used with sport lines, converted to the PMS mounts and never looked back, they are superb!