Reaction score
Not really a new topic, but I did a search and came up with nothing..

My wheel, like lots of others, has seen better days and I want to change it - Anyone know if the 197 or 200 steering wheel fits the T? - I want to keep the cruise control/airbag if poss. #-o

Reaction score
Darn!! - will be a pain driving it around with a set of mole grips on the column while it's being done (if I can even find someone here to re-trim it) - hmm, thinks, Tinker might know someone......

Reaction score
Im sure someone on CS said the laguna wheel fits, although i think it may have been a 172 it was fitted to so not sure of the CC / SL buttons.
As said best to get a re-trim.

Edit: just found it on CS, it was a 172 and had no wheel controls.

I did just find a thread that said the R26 wheel fits though, think it was a Trophy owner that posted also.

Reaction score
There is a guy on CS who fitted a 197 steering wheel to his 182...... I've gone after market :D don't really miss the Cruise control (which was my main worry)

Reaction score
Always an option but prefer air bag - and cruise is nice occasionally - nothing is simple:-(

Reaction score
Brilliant! - was it a straight swap or did you have to alter anything?? - how much with the airbag was it?

Thanks
J

Reaction score
eljeffo64 said:
Darn!! - will be a pain driving it around with a set of mole grips on the column while it's being done (if I can even find someone here to re-trim it) - hmm, thinks, Tinker might know someone......
I do, but it would be better to have the R26 wheel if poss. - I'll get to speak to my friend at Renault on Monday, will get all the answers needed ...

Reaction score
For those with a CS user account, here's a link to a thread in which JMS trialled fitting a 197 wheel. If you read through to the end, you'll see that they chose not to offer it as a service due to various technicalities of proving airbag safety..

Reaction score
I read the thread and completely agree with JMS' position as a commercial operation; however, it did seem to work and as a private individual the mod looks like the right thing to do. Shame no- one posted a " hot do it" tech guide though.

I'm still interested - looks like the 197 wheel is the one - will chat with Tinker to see if the prices look acceptable or if he knows a re- trimmer that would be more cost effective (and less technical hassle).

Next thing for me is to look for a guide on how to remove the existing wheel ..

Thanks for all this info

j

Reaction score
Good stuff. I'm just looking into as my steering wheel has had better days! I got a quote for retrimming, £220 in leather , £260 in suede! Not really sure how that stacks up against a new or different wheel?!

Reaction score
J333EVO had his wheel retrimmed, I'm sure I saw a photo of it on here a while back. Not sure who did it for him, or how much it was.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Does anyone know if there is a way to bring the steering wheel forward a bit?.. like with a spacer or something?
I always feel like im reaching too far forward. (I have to have the seat right back to fit my legs in)

Reaction score
aucky said:
Does anyone know if there is a way to bring the steering wheel forward a bit?.. like with a spacer or something?
I always feel like im reaching too far forward. (I have to have the seat right back to fit my legs in)

yeah I would like to do this too. I always have to sit a bit too far forwards than I'd like.