Reaction score
Loud squeek coming from front of car. Seems to me it's coming from near side suspension. (pushing down rapidally on bonnet suggests this too!)More it's driven in one stint the worse it gets. Anybody had such problems? :roll:

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep, mine is doing this too.

The nearside strut creaks as passenger gets out, and it creaks when turning the steering wheel at low speeds, particularly after a spirited drive (i.e. a lap of the ring lol) or a long journey.

Its been doing it for about 6 months but is getting worse now, wondering if its the first signs of rebuild time? :S.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Maybe, will check them out when i get a chance

Reaction score
Mine is back at the dealer for a similar issue tomorrow. Creaking noise but only when pulling away?! (Coming from same area) Will let you know how I get on :roll:

Reaction score
Well just as I expected they had the car all day and when I went to pick it up they said no fault found. Checked everything and as they were unable to replicate the issue / noise said unable to help. (However if the noise comes back and you cna demonstrate it we will take another look)

I drove it out of the garage and all was ok however when I got home and pulled on the drive I did a few tests and surprise surprise the noise is back! Guess its back to the dealer tomorrow again this time I will force his head under the bonnet and make him take his ear plugs out :lol:

Reaction score
Mine is going in for the thrid time to get this noise sorted, first time they told me it was normal, so took it to a different dealer where they thought it was the anti rollbar bushes, which it wasnt. They couldnt replicate the noise in the workshop but the mechanic had previously been out with me and had herd the noise so they didnt deny it was there. It is now going in tomorrow to hopefully solve the problem, i have told them i wont be picking it up till it has been fixed.

Reaction score
O well it is French!!

Try Benfield on Felling bypass they were useless when I went but other shave reported good service.

Reaction score
Well went back this morning this time the Spanner monkey didnt have his ear plugs in so heard the noise!
Its booked in next week to get the part replaced apparently the drop link (Part of the suspension?

Told them it wont be getting picked up until its fixed either - Bloody Renault :roll:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i had the same noise coming from the front. took it for its first service at reanult garage, told them there was a creeking coming from the front suspension (i think).
When i picked it up they said it was the front anit roll bar's dampers were dry just needed oiling up, now not a whisper. :lol:

Reaction score
Will be getting mine back later today, they have said this time that the top suspension bolts weren't tight enough so they have tightened them and have said this was the problem. We shall see, hopefully its sorted.

Reaction score
Mine started with this at the weekend :!: Low speed only , thought the steering rack was on its way out :shock:

Due for service so i'll get the steeler to look it over :roll: