Reaction score
Nah I hadn't either... But guess what despite this part being replaced the noise is back again today - Not impressed.

So its gonna be back to the stinking dealers again for me

Reaction score
Torsion beam? As in rear suspension component that transfers load from one side of the car to the other.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i've never heard of a torque arm - sounds as though it does for the front suspension what a torsion beam does for the rear but with power going through it possibly...

Reaction score
TrophyK3V said:
Nah I hadn't either... But guess what despite this part being replaced the noise is back again today - Not impressed.

So its gonna be back to the stinking dealers again for me

This is a nightmare to sort, mine is getting worse and worse! Yet the stealers havn't a clue (no suprises there!!)

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mines getting gradualy worse too :(

I've noticed a fair bit of movement in the strut top mount on that side when turning the wheel so i'm going to remove that and take a look, but i'm not confident that this is the problem.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i've notice a really nasty sounding croak? (best way to describe it) coming from the passenger side front wheel area when I go round tight left handers.

Don't get in normal driving conditions but I had it at Brands - thought little of it. Had it again yesterday though ( was belting along a quiet back road ).

The sounds reminds me of something but I can't remember what - similar to a old car with knackered suspension i supose. :shock:

Reaction score
This is what happens when you fit race car suspension to a lego shopping trolley!

We're all falling apart, quick sell!

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Waits for someone to come along and ask me to remove this thread to save all of our resale values :p

Reaction score
The strange thing is it dont do it whn driving along or cornering, Car is sweet in thta sense. The noise only happens when going to pull away.

Easiest way to describe it is unde load? If you say reverse out of a spot and then drive forward as you still gradually moving back it does it as this point and this point only.

Here goes next week when I try and get them to take a look!

Reaction score
Well been back to Renault today and they are now awaiting a call from Technical as they are puzzled as to what could be causing the noise.. Admittedly it is lots better since they replaced part the other week however I am a perfectionist! Iwill updated once they have had magic call!

Reaction score
Mine has been in again today and this time they replaced the ball joint as there was some play in it. Will probably pick it up either tomorrow or wednesday so will let you know if its fixed!

Reaction score
Car is now booked in for a week Monday... Apparently they think its the Strut tops that need modifying. Hmmmm I'm not convinced this is the problem as doesn't make any noise whilst driving or steering... Any ideas?

Reaction score
Mine seems to be sorted. Have spent the weekend driving it as much as possible and the noise has gone. So so so happy! although its now going back to get the passenger Recaro seat runner replaced!

Reaction score
phil pearce said:
Mine seems to be sorted. Have spent the weekend driving it as much as possible and the noise has gone. So so so happy! although its now going back to get the passenger Recaro seat runner replaced!

Is that what causes the annoying as hell squeeking noise when nobody is sat in the passenger seat?

Reaction score
DaveTrophy said:
phil pearce said:

Is that what causes the annoying as hell squeeking noise when nobody is sat in the passenger seat?

I think so yeh, when someone is sat in it, the noise stops but you can actually feel some play in the runners, yet there isnt any on the drivers side.

Reaction score
I'll check mine for play later on

Seat has squeeked from the day I bought the car but I've just been putting up with it - put it down to poor build quality, didnt think Renault would do anything about it.

Will have to organise another fun filled trip to the dealers if I find any play in it :shock: