Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm currently refurbing mine myself. I had to machine a new pair of adjusters as they were very badly corroded and were damaged upon removal (I contacted BG but they could not supply the adjusters separately, only as part of their compression upgrade, circa £150 a side.) Would anybody be interested in a pair? They are machined from billet aluminium and anodised red like the originals.

I'm also machining a Twingo R2 style dust seal that can be retrofitted to the clio sachs.

If anyone is seriously interested in either, I can get some prices/make a batch.

The adjusters:

2014-03-19113756_zps376d9028.jpg

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I'm currently refurbing mine myself. I had to machine a new pair of adjusters as they were very badly corroded and were damaged upon removal (I contacted BG but they could not supply the adjusters separately, only as part of their compression upgrade, circa £150 a side.) Would anybody be interested in a pair? They are machined from billet aluminium and anodised red like the originals.

I'm also machining a Twingo R2 style dust seal that can be retrofitted to the clio sachs.

If anyone is seriously interested in either, I can get some prices/make a batch.

The adjusters:

2014-03-19113756_zps376d9028.jpg

You might try contacting simon at cornering force? he may be interested.

As above, Speak to simon as i know he was in the process of maybe making new adjusters in red.
You and simon could possibly sort something out and come up with something that no one else does.

I would say its well worth talking to him without a doubt

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think the dust seals would be a valued addition to a lot of owners...Im guessing theyl be a relatively easy fit..

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Nathan as per my earlier enquiry and pm can you keep me updated with this please.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Replied to your pm Jules. Just so everyone knows im machining a batch of 25 pairs as an upgrade kit.

Reaction score
Hi everybody been a while since ive been on here but need some help

the time has come for my Trophy to get a full suspension overhaul 45k miles , i was planning on getting the fronts refurbed and painted , new springs and top mounts and also get new rear struts and springs .

Was hoping someone could make it easier for me and save me reading this full 70 odd page thread to find out .
Where to get the fronts fully refurbed incl painting and sorting/replacing the adjusters ? should i get them unpinned?
Make things alot easier if i had the right renault part numbers for the rear struts and front & rear springs if anyone has them ? my local renault place seem to struggle to find the parts im needing .

any info would be muchly appreciated cheers

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Damper refurb is either BG Motorsport (Silverstone) or Cornering Force (Harrogate)

Spring cat nos can be found with a quick search, Google is your friend!

Sorry, I don't have the part nos for the rear Sachs dampers

Hope this helps

Reaction score
The part number for the rear Sachs is 8200 519 954 not sure on springs though.

Reaction score
After a refurbishment at Cornering Force in September 2013 and fitted in February 2014.
Mine have lasted magnificent 8 months and 6,000. The passenger side is not loosing oil out the shaft seal.

Has anyone managed to get their hands on some Twingo R1 dust covers?

Reaction score
The R1 dust cover/"scraper" ring on the shaft do fit the regular Sachs, the shaft diameter is identical. It fitted fine on the standard dampers when I took them off the R1 dampers. I didn't know these rings were available separately.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I have just sent my spare sachs to BG motorsport and they are putting the R1 dust cover / Scraper over mine at extra cost as thats what i have requested along with some other stuff.

I was going to use cornering force but BG now offer the powder coating service and they have said that they have managed to get an exact match on the colour and they also put new OE renault sachs stickers on the dampers once done.

The dampers on my car are not yet soft so these are going to be sitting boxed until the ones on the car need to come off so I'm hoping that they won't fail through time.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody been a while since ive been on here but need some help

the time has come for my Trophy to get a full suspension overhaul 45k miles , i was planning on getting the fronts refurbed and painted , new springs and top mounts and also get new rear struts and springs .

Was hoping someone could make it easier for me and save me reading this full 70 odd page thread to find out .
Where to get the fronts fully refurbed incl painting and sorting/replacing the adjusters ? should i get them unpinned?
Make things alot easier if i had the right renault part numbers for the rear struts and front & rear springs if anyone has them ? my local renault place seem to struggle to find the parts im needing .

any info would be muchly appreciated cheers

Front Eibach Springs - 8200514730 (X 2)
Rear 182 Cup Springs - 8200342862 (X 2)

Front Left Sachs Shock - 8200514734 (X 1 Passanger Side)
Front Right Sachs Shock - 8200514733 (X 1 Drivers Side)

Rears Sachs - 8200519954 (X 2)

Reaction score
I have just sent my spare sachs to BG motorsport and they are putting the R1 dust cover / Scraper over mine at extra cost as thats what i have requested along with some other stuff.

I was going to use cornering force but BG now offer the powder coating service and they have said that they have managed to get an exact match on the colour and they also put new OE renault sachs stickers on the dampers once done.

The dampers on my car are not yet soft so these are going to be sitting boxed until the ones on the car need to come off so I'm hoping that they won't fail through time.

That's good to know, thanks for sharing Marc.

BG refurb'd my dampers and they are still going strong after 4-5 years and I'd estimate at least 60k miles. I thought they'd failed a couple of weeks ago but on removal it turned out one of the springs had moved out of position.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score