MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Im getting the above all drilled in to mine while at BG as there was no way i was wanting to fit these by myself or have anyone else do it. Im still waiting on parts that won't be here till Dec and i can't wait to get an amazing new set with extras back.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Well would love to take my hat off to BG motorsport for doing my sachs dampers.
After being away for a month they will be delivered to myself tomorrow.

SpareSachs02.jpg

SpareSachs03.jpg

SpareSachs06.jpg

SpareSachs07.jpg

RenaultClioTrophyMarcRiddle010.jpg

RenaultClioTrophyMarcRiddle011.jpg

RenaultClioTrophyMarcRiddle012.jpg

RenaultClioTrophyMarcRiddle013.jpg

RenaultClioTrophyMarcRiddle014.jpg

Reaction score
Sachs are back from Cornering Force. However not yet tested them to see if they have been fixed, due to the car being off the road until March.
I'm going to attempt to fit them myself. What can go wrong... best not to answer that one.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Sachs are back from Cornering Force. However not yet tested them to see if they have been fixed, due to the car being off the road until March.
I'm going to attempt to fit them myself. What can go wrong... best not to answer that one.

Progress Pictures Of This Please:up:

OI will be very honest and after speaking with Ben @ BG about these in depth this is something i would not be doing.

Good Luck

Reaction score
What are the options for when the Sachs are off? 182 cup dampers? Anything else?

Reaction score
Anything that's the right spacing would be fine? Cup shocks are pretty good and can be used with standard springs or sportlines etc

Will have a set you can borrow in a couple of weeks

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
For the price of 182 cup shocks i would buy them hands down.

After a few weeks you could even sell them on.

Reaction score
4 years / 18,000 miles since they were last at BG Silverstone and I think I'll be scheduling them for a return trip.
Put the car away as I've done hundreds of times before, up the edge of the dropped kerb, but this time it made a very unusual noise, a real clonk. The bounce test revealed significantly more movement on that side too. Time to get them done before the driving trip to Wales.

Reaction score
For the price of cup shocks they are worth buying and keeping in the garage for just this kind of thing! I hate to admit it but I'm actually enjoying them too, so forgiving!

atl

Reaction score
4 years / 18,000 miles since they were last at BG Silverstone and I think I'll be scheduling them for a return trip.
Put the car away as I've done hundreds of times before, up the edge of the dropped kerb, but this time it made a very unusual noise, a real clonk. The bounce test revealed significantly more movement on that side too. Time to get them done before the driving trip to Wales.

Jacking mine up at the weekend killed my drivers shock. Jacked up the passenger side first which must have put strain on the drivers side, jacked drivers side up after. Lowered it down and drove it off the drive, loud clonk... :(

Reaction score
For the price of cup shocks they are worth buying and keeping in the garage for just this kind of thing! I hate to admit it but I'm actually enjoying them too, so forgiving!

182 Cup dampers are £74.40 for a pair, delivered, inc. VAT as per Renault Wolverhampton parts on CS.

Should I be looking to replace any other minor or major parts either when the Cup dampers go on or when the Sachs come back?

Reaction score
anyone know if its a big deal which way round you mount the dampers.......I have always has the remote reservoir behind the strut (to the right looking at it ) but just got the car back from Rentech and they have fitted them the other way. Mike had finished for the day so cant check with him till next week but as they specifically make left and right versions with different part numbers I think I will need it changed.

They obviously fit but the ABS cable is meant to go into the clip (which is now on the other side) and the reservoir is pretty close to the brake line. No signs of fowling fitted this way. Anyone else got them fitted this way?
Cheers

Reaction score
They are 100% fitted the wrong way round..... The reservoir should always be facing toward the rear of the vehicle. I'd of thought you may potentially damage them as the reservoir might foul on the arch etc