Reaction score
Not sure, the race sport LTD. Facebook page was set up in 2011, however, I'll send an email just in case.
According to companies house they were incorporated less than 3 months ago.

Good luck with your search, hope you get a positive outcome.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Has anyone been able to get hold of someone from cooksport? It seems have gone into liquidation while in possession of my dampers!!!
Oh no!

Are you close enough to physically go and see if you can get hold of someone?

Other than that, will there be someone in charge of the liquidation?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Oh no!

Are you close enough to physically go and see if you can get hold of someone?

Other than that, will there be someone in charge of the liquidation?
I'm afraid they're in bath and I'm by Stansted airport, so not exactly close. Any idea how I find out who is managing the liquidation?

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Has anyone been able to get hold of someone from cooksport? It seems have gone into liquidation while in possession of my dampers!!!
I'd heard a few rumblings about this, but nothing confirmed. I hope you're able to get your dampers back! Might be worth asking over on the Cliosport.net forum if anyone can shed any light on the situation at Cooksport - (if you haven't already)..

Ajracer

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
So glad you managed to sort this Will.
The Trophy specific parts are now becoming very difficult to source and are incredibly expensive.
The days of squirrelling away a couple of sets of Sachs dampers, springs and trendlines are over.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Nothing worse than loosing a set of Sachs dampers.
I would have drove to cooksport to collect them if I could not get a hold of anyone.

How many builders of the dampers are out there now ?

BG Motorsport
CorneringForce
Rik Perry

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Nothing worse than loosing a set of Sachs dampers.
I would have drove to cooksport to collect them if I could not get a hold of anyone.

How many builders of the dampers are out there now ?

BG Motorsport
CorneringForce
Rik Perry
Not sure if Rik is still doing rebuilds. Sure I remember seeing him say that he was too busy with other work/stuff now.

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I hope any OG CT owners still here are all well. It's been a very long time since I've been around the forum. I've not even owned a car since I sold my last 26R in 2020.

I have a set of used Front Sachs Dampers en-route to me and I'll have eyes on next week. I expect they'll require rebuilding.

I've owned them since 2006 and used as spares while I was getting refurbs done on stock cars. I'm unsure if I'll sell and put towards HiFi, or build a 182 Trophy evocation around them. I came close to building my own 1/1 Black 182 Trophy about 2010 when all I was missing was the Clio V6 roof spoiler.

I've no idea what their value is in 2023 and I'm not getting into x y z on here, but if you have a genuine interest please e-mail me on steve.coulter@gmail.com and I'll send photos and opinion once here. I have a good memory so recall what I paid for them!

All the best, Steve.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
My dampers are now complete at Cornering Force, they've been away since June.

The main reason for this has been the fact that they no longer have their own machine shop and had trouble sourcing one to machine two new valve bodies.

Fair enough, I've not been in a desperate rush to get them back (clearly) but their communication throughout has been poor. Should it be the case that the customer has to keep asking for updates when long periods of radio silence go by?

To top it off, the scraper seal mod I was wanting done, which was discussed from the start, has been completely missed because they 'no longer have the facilities to do the scraper seal mod'. I only found this out by querying the invoice and they stated this as if it was the first time it had been mentioned.

I can only hope the actual work carried out is sound but I am less than impressed with the experience compared to using them in 2017.

Reaction score
I have a pair of Trophy Sachs dampers and springs - a complete set on eBay -
Paul, West Sussex, UK 07776 140245.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
My dampers are now complete at Cornering Force, they've been away since June.

The main reason for this has been the fact that they no longer have their own machine shop and had trouble sourcing one to machine two new valve bodies.

Fair enough, I've not been in a desperate rush to get them back (clearly) but their communication throughout has been poor. Should it be the case that the customer has to keep asking for updates when long periods of radio silence go by?

To top it off, the scraper seal mod I was wanting done, which was discussed from the start, has been completely missed because they 'no longer have the facilities to do the scraper seal mod'. I only found this out by querying the invoice and they stated this as if it was the first time it had been mentioned.

I can only hope the actual work carried out is sound but I am less than impressed with the experience compared to using them in 2017.
Sorry to hear that. Do they offer any warranty on the work carried out? My main set have failed recently so I need to get them sent off for repair. I have the DLC shafts on them that Rik Perry had made and I’d be surprised if BG Motorsports would be happy to refit those shafts and offer any warranty on the dampers with them fitted, that’s if they are even willing to refit them. If not I’m looking at new shafts which will most likely be stupid money. They’re in good condition from what I can see, it’s likely that it’s just a strip down, clean, oil and seals are needed. I wish I could source the parts myself and knew the nitrogen gas pressure, I’d definitely service them myself if that were the case.

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sorry to hear that. Do they offer any warranty on the work carried out? My main set have failed recently so I need to get them sent off for repair. I have the DLC shafts on them that Rik Perry had made and I’d be surprised if BG Motorsports would be happy to refit those shafts and offer any warranty on the dampers with them fitted, that’s if they are even willing to refit them. If not I’m looking at new shafts which will most likely be stupid money. They’re in good condition from what I can see, it’s likely that it’s just a strip down, clean, oil and seals are needed. I wish I could source the parts myself and knew the nitrogen gas pressure, I’d definitely service them myself if that were the case.
Obviously, I can't wholly talk on BG's behalf as I don't work for them, but my experience is that they are as accommodating as poss with damper rebuilds, I can't see why they wouldn't re-use the DLC shafts so long as they're in good order. They generally only seem to put in new shafts if the existing ones are damaged or scored beyond tolerances. New shafts were running at £140 each (including VAT) at BG a couple of years ago.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
No idea and I'd probably be as well asking my dead grandparents.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Now I have my dampers back I decided to strip them down. Does anyone know what oil/fluid grade is used for OEM performance?

Cheers,
Will