Sach front dampers

Reaction score
Hello!

Apologies for the shameless first post sale thread, but I wanted to gauge a reasonable price for these dampers before putting them on ebay and whilst i'm here I may as well offer them up to you guys first as they seem pretty hard to get hold of!

I bought and had these refurbed in January 2014, did spa, anglesea, bedford, snet and rockingham. They are unpinned and were a great purchase for my 172 cup (has trophy hubs).

My Clio then became my daily as I leveled up to my s2000 track car. And it threw a strop and one of the dampers failed. As it was now my daily having these refurbed seemed overkill so they've been replaced with standard 182 shocks.

Also i've been a bit lazy and not cleaned them before taking picture having to maintain a honda, a s14 project and a motocross bike just puts things like that at the bottom of the priority list...

Anyway, Ill take £250 + postage + paypal fees.

20150322_191542.jpg

20150322_191601.jpg

I will check back here, but ill check my emails more regularly marc.cheshire@gmail.com

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok Guys, quiet a large reserve list already. I think its safe to say they are gone. Should have put them up for a bit more! :p

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ok Guys, quiet a large reserve list already. I think its safe to say they are gone. Should have put them up for a bit more! :p

Priced to sell, add on the 4/500 refurb cost and any more you may have struggled a little.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
a set requiring a refurb went on ebay for £500 a few days ago.

If thats the case what would these go for with a £900 invoice

RenaultClioTrophyMarcRiddle017.jpg

RenaultClioTrophyMarcRiddle019.jpg

RenaultClioTrophyMarcRiddle023.jpg

I personally think these dampers are way too cheap at £250.
These are £1800 each to buy new which is a cool £3600 for the front pair.

These are going to become very rare and i think for stuffed dampers in need of a refurb should still be fetching £500+ as even with the cost of the refurb they are still cheaper than "ONE" damper from renault.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Maybe, I bought mine very early when they were very rare, 23k on with gaiters and springs in good order for 380 and since then have seen them cheaper. They clearly should command more but that is not always the way it works.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Maybe, I bought mine very early when they were very rare, 23k on with gaiters and springs in good order for 380 and since then have seen them cheaper. They clearly should command more but that is not always the way it works.

I totally understand i like you i was lucky enough to buy a set at just over £200 for the fronts.

If they are going to be under the £500 mark i will maybe start buying them up for stock :up:

Reaction score
I purchased mine a year or two again for £250 delivered. This was including the front, rears and dust protectors.
Seems they have shot up in price lately.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Time to start buying the stuffed dampers up at cheapness i think.

Reaction score
Is it not still £1500 for a pair of brand new ones from Monster Sport though? £250 plus say £750 refurb is about as far as I would want to go before just getting new ones.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Is it not still £1500 for a pair of brand new ones from Monster Sport though? £250 plus say £750 refurb is about as far as I would want to go before just getting new ones.

Not sure that partnership has survived, might be worth a call though.

Reaction score
Cheers Marc,
been great dealing with you and looking forward to the parcel.

For others interest I agree with most of what's been said. These will be a set for me to refurb at some point and run 2 sets. Totally agree it's a no brained investment to have a spare set to refrub at this price. Even if not fixed for the time being they will sell again for £250 if needed. I can't imagine that new ones will ever been seen cheap again. And like a few I picture the car long term.

in another post what is a Trophy was mentioned. even though I don't like red. A trophy has to be red, it has to have the v6, I have uprated my seats but it simply has to have the sachs. In 10 years I still want to know that I have the option.

i can easily expect these to be near MarcR £900 refurb costs once they have been fully tidied up. So easily in the getting on for £1000 for s/h units plus refurb. Big money yes. But as Marc said. Not £3600 that new units cost.

the ebay ones for info went £455 sale price. That included boots, eibach trophy springs and top hats. 1 strut had clearly failed. So not £500 but also not struts alone. I know as I went to £350.. Then £450 under the influence . You can decide if that's pricy or not.

Eitherway, enjoying this forum a great deal.

and MC. Thanks again.

Chris

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Cheers Marc,
been great dealing with you and looking forward to the parcel.

For others interest I agree with most of what's been said. These will be a set for me to refurb at some point and run 2 sets. Totally agree it's a no brained investment to have a spare set to refrub at this price. Even if not fixed for the time being they will sell again for £250 if needed. I can't imagine that new ones will ever been seen cheap again. And like a few I picture the car long term.

in another post what is a Trophy was mentioned. even though I don't like red. A trophy has to be red, it has to have the v6, I have uprated my seats but it simply has to have the sachs. In 10 years I still want to know that I have the option.

i can easily expect these to be near MarcR £900 refurb costs once they have been fully tidied up. So easily in the getting on for £1000 for s/h units plus refurb. Big money yes. But as Marc said. Not £3600 that new units cost.

the ebay ones for info went £455 sale price. That included boots, eibach trophy springs and top hats. 1 strut had clearly failed. So not £500 but also not struts alone. I know as I went to £350.. Then £450 under the influence . You can decide if that's pricy or not.

Eitherway, enjoying this forum a great deal.

and MC. Thanks again.

Chris

Pay the £900 and you will NOT look back, Best investment i ever made on the sachs unit refurb.

Like you have said keep two sets if and when possible as these will end up stop being made just like the rears and you will be sent rubbish items, as the Trophy is 10 years old once the fronts go they will go.
If i can get my hands on another set i will look to have 3 sets of front sachs and atlas 2 rear sets.

Reaction score
Out of interest MarcR. do you have any concerns with loosing pressure in your loft set? I cannot understand why they would be did read something about not buying sets which had sat on shelves for years. Or is the thinking this was tied into the poor seals which allegedly did the round a year or two back thru one of the refurb companies.

Chris

Reaction score
Personally, with no to little use I wouldn't be too concerned.
However if I was using the Sachs I would prefer to have the Schrader valves fitted. So I could keep a eye on the pressure.

I understand why Marc has went down this route, keeping it OEM to the dot.