Reaction score
Need to get a replacement front splitter, anyone know a good source for these? I'm pretty reluctant to pay the £120 Renault want for what is essentially just a piece of shaped black plastic and probably costs 50p to make.

Any help much appreciated, i'm going to France at the end of the week too, is it possible to get Renault bits cheaper over there?

Cheers in advance,
Andy

Reaction score
Did look at that Gareth, and I agree that it looks nice. However i've always liked to keep absolutely everything standard on my cars, nothing at all against modifying and can appreciate other peoples modified cars, but just a bit of a complex of mine...

Cheers for the suggestion, I may yet change my mind but if so would still rather have both with the option to change it back to the standard splitter.

At the moment my car looks bloody stupid without it, so i'm desperate to get a replacement (only looks stupid to me, everyone else says they don't even notice, but what do they know?)

Reaction score
Its not modifying it, only clio owners would notice. Its does look 10/10 for the ktec jobbie

And the standard splitter is 30quid more!

Reaction score
drexel said:
Its not modifying it, only clio owners would notice. Its does look 10/10 for the ktec jobbie

And the standard splitter is 30quid more!

you couldnt have put it better :wink:

the ktec jobbie is quite subtle, its only on closer inspection that you notice its carbon fibre. fits better than standard too in my opinion

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
aye, I'm not a chav. I won't be doing any alterations to the appearence. I fitted the K-tec one though as it does look better than the oem one and is cheaper, lighter (a gram) and it's easier to install.

All in all I'm glad i got the carbon one and not the oem one when our lass ripped the oem one off...

Reaction score
What is its purpose, is it even necessary? Mine is cracked but I am starting to think it would look better without it and I'm also thinking harder springs so unsure whether to replace it.

Reaction score
I never bothered fitting mine. Too many multi story/speed bump experiences to make it worth while IMO. I'm normally a bit of a sucker for wanting things to look as they were designed, but I actually think that they look v nice without the splitter. Tis just a bit of plastic after all!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
or carbon..... I drove mine without one while the carbon one arrived and i think the splitter just finishes the car off..... plus it adds 5 mph don't you know....lol

Reaction score
My brother got mine for me in France. I'm not sure who he rang, His boss is French and she sorted it for him. I'm sure if you phone a few garages near Calais etc... with the part number they should be able to help you.

Part number from Renoooooooo 8200248910

And it was a bitch to fit too

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
yeh - trying to screw it on while holding it perfectly steady is the tricky thing and it needs 'gentle' persuation to mould itself into the correct shape for the bumper.

Ideally a 2 person job.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
yeh - it's 30 seconds of a job though. A drill goes through arbon fibre like a hot knife through butter.

Reaction score
Yes it was hard to do on my own, once one screw was in it wasn't too bad, but you have to tease it into place and idealy two people would have been better.
Had to drill the one from renoo too.

Reaction score
yep asim, but it easily drills with a very small drill bit so to not break it! Then just use a larger screw and screw gently.

The only problem i had with mine was trying to fit the drill under the front bumper as drills are not exactly short!

I got my car on some bricks and then on top of some wooden planks and it was just high enough

Reaction score
Cue said:
yeh - it's 30 seconds of a job though. A drill goes through arbon fibre like a hot knife through butter.

Yep, it's just thermoset plastic, the fibres are great in tension but do fuck all for surface hardness. I've seen a £3000 mountain bike rendered useless by a kicked up flint.

Reaction score
Wanted to say cheers to Asim for sorting me out with an original Renault Splitter, hope you're happy wiith your new Carbon Ktec mate...

Everyones a winner!

Cheers again.
Andy