MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Just for info I was quoted £187.99 each inc VAT for the Genuine Renault units today.

Renault can discount parts as they see fit and if you work in the trade you will also get a good price.

The problem is not the price but getting them, Im in talks with Renault UK once a week on this as they phone me every week due to them being on back order and the fact that some people have been waiting over 5 months for them.

As for mark Fish & the Konis, i have spoken with him directly and then sent an e-mail with no response , I then called back but he was not available at that moment in time so i will drop him another phone call this week.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Ok so guess i should keep this up to date as i got a reply from Mark.

Below is what i have asked in my e-mail to him -

Hi There Mark,

As discussed today(Monday) regarding the rear koni shocks on the phone i have some questions and I'm wondering if you can explain as best as you can with full prices including delivery.

1, Can you explain what the difference is between the Re-valved Konis and the standard adjustable konis is?

2, Can you give me a price including VAT & delivery along with the discount for one pair of rear Re-valved Konis & one pair of rear standard adjustable konis.

3, How many pairs would we need to buy as a group to get the maximum discount and what is the minimum number ?
Some people have stated that larkspeed can do a set of rear shocks for £194.00 including VAT and delivery which i think would be slightly cheaper is my sums add up.

Today i got this back from mark -

Hello Marc,
Sorry bit late on this reply etc.

The revalved units are shorter droop i.e. stretched out length, and are approx 25 % stiffer at the max and minimum settings.
They are brand new units professionally modified. The cost would be approx £200 each plus vat. No discount.

The koni sport price each if I did a group buy of 5 pairs would be £85 each plus vat
So this would be £205 delivered.

Hope this helps etc

Best regards
Mark Fish

Reaction score
Does anybody know if the genuine Trophy springs are difficult to get hold of also?

I take it those of you on a waiting list for the rear Sachs are no further forward?

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if the genuine Trophy springs are difficult to get hold of also?

I take it those of you on a waiting list for the rear Sachs are no further forward?

Im unsure of the front springs as i have 2 genuine sets plus the Mark Fish set up i have on the car.
I know the rear springs are just 182 Cup (Full Fat) rear springs with red and white marking on them.

I once again had a phone call on thurs from renault UK as they are calling me roughly once a week and there is still no updates or times. This has been put to the highest of the high according to RUK and its now managers in France dealing with it.
I have also got 2 Managing Directors from Renault UK involved with them with direct e-mails to themselves to let them know i have a car i can not drive due to not being able to source the parts.

The person I'm dealing with from RUK is going to call me back this week once again as she has asked that i give her time before i once again e-mail the 2 Managing Directors from Renault UK to kick up f**k

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Just to add a standard front Trophy spring is the following price.

Trophy%20Spring.gif

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that Marc - I knew they weren't cheap, but I'd rather keep the suspension standard where possible. I have considered the Mark Fish setup, as you will see earlier in this thread, but I don't want to compromise the handling on the road in favour of a more track focused setup (plus, I'm not sure I like the lower ride height on a Trophy).

I'll get onto Renault in the morning and see what the deal is with the springs :up:

Reaction score
Front springs are available and are £96/pc.

Unfortunately, the rear springs aren't available to order and I'm told they've been on back order for some time.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Front springs are available and are £96/pc.

Unfortunately, the rear springs aren't available to order and I'm told they've been on back order for some time.

Thank god i have 2 sets of genuine springs and i have just bought another front set of Yellow Eibach trophy springs for £25 delivered.

The rears are just 182 Cup (FF) springs, Nothing special

33n9s3m.jpg

Mark Fish set up it is then :up:

I would second the above.

Altho I'm unsure what would be best between Mark Fish & Cooksports as there seems to be a lot of hype about these springs but saying that they have been back order for weeks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just ended up buying the shocks from Larkspeed as it was £194 including delivery, so even with Mark's group buy it's still cheaper to go to Larkspeed.

Reaction score
Thank god i have 2 sets of genuine springs and i have just bought another front set of Yellow Eibach trophy springs for £25 delivered.

The rears are just 182 Cup (FF) springs, Nothing special

Thanks for that - it appears the 182 Cup springs are available, weird considering they are the same part....

All I need now is a set of Sachs rear dampers and I'll be able to renew all of the suspension components.

Reaction score
Good luck getting them tommo :p

Yeah I could be waiting a while, LOL ;)

My Trophy is now SORN'd and is likely to be off the road until spring 2016, so I'm in no rush for them. I'm just hoping they won't be discontinued indefinitely.