MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Right I have just spent over 40mins on the phone and spoke to Mark @mark fish Motorsport.

He is happy to do a group buy for the rear Koni dampers providing there is enought people.

The dampers are standard rear Koni adjustables and they are sold at £100.vat Each + shipping.
renault OE Sachs are £140+vat each so the Renault ones are more expensive

he has also informed me that the price of the rear damper will be going up at the end of jan 2015 so it's best to get these sooner and not later.

If there is 6 names ( 1 pair per name ) he will give us 10% off the price.

i need to e-mail him tonight but he has stated that these are a much better damper than the rear Sachs and they are fully adjustable, for this price there is nothing else on the market.

Reaction score
Good work MarcR!

Is that 100 incl vat, minus 10%, so £180 for the pair, then p&p on top?

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Good work MarcR!

Is that 100 incl vat, minus 10%, so £180 for the pair, then p&p on top?

Sorry about the mistype on the price

£100 + vat each is the price and then postage

so the total would be

£240 + postage - 10%

As I say I need to e-mail mark tonight so will get more info and 100% confirm price and discount

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for sorting this Marc. Count me in - just let me know when and where to send the money.

Did you get chance to mention the springs at all?

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I will do a group buy topic in the "For Sale" section of the forum once i have full confirmation from Mark Fish at some point this week.
I have also spoke to him regarding the coil springs for the trophy and he says this is something he could also do but once again there would need to be a decent amount of people.

Reaction score
Good evening count me in for a pair MarcR and thanks for spending the time and effort in sorting it out

Reaction score
Are these any different from Koni rears sourced from elsewhere? Does Mark put his own stamp on them in any way?

Reaction score
Can we be 100% sure that Mark will re-valve the dampers at this price? I see from a previous group buy, this option was significantly more expensive at £376.00 for the pair.

Just for info, Larkspeed offer the Koni rear dampers at £194.00 for the pair incl. VAT and postage.

Reaction score
I'm am confused with what's getting purchased too, standard konis or revalved konis? As it seems to good to be true at this price

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Are these any different from Koni rears sourced from elsewhere? Does Mark put his own stamp on them in any way?

Can we be 100% sure that Mark will re-valve the dampers at this price? I see from a previous group buy, this option was significantly more expensive at £376.00 for the pair.

Just for info, Larkspeed offer the Koni rear dampers at £194.00 for the pair incl. VAT and postage.

Mark Fish has said he can do the Re-Valved Rear konis but he does not advise this unless you are doing serious track days and that your fronts are unpinned.

The reason for this is with the re-valved rear konis he suggests that you put them very hard and then de-click the front sachs so they are slightly softer with some camber.

I would like to state that bearing in mind Mark Fish is the know all of handling and can set a car up amazingly so he would know exactly whats best and whats not. This is something i would not be doing myself or even trying to set up myself.

Mark as said for every day use and a couple of track days a year you are best just to stick with the standard koni adjustables.

As said i am just about to e-mail him just now so i will put forward prices from the like of larkspeed and anyone else.

I will also ask about the prices between the re-valved and standard konis.

If there is anymore questions please do ask and i will do my best to find out from him.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
This deal is NOT for the Mark Fish Re-Valved Konis.

Its is only for 1 pair of rear koni Adjustables.

I have e-mailed him with a load of questions regarding both the standard rear koni Adjustables & the Re-valved units.
I have asked about prices, differences, Minimum units, discounts and also for the fact that Larkspeed can do them at £194.00

I want to be asking all the questions first before anyone commits to buying something they are unsure about or thinking they are getting something and another turns up.

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Interested in a pair for my T..... Ill keep an eye on this...Thanks...

Reaction score
As far as I'm aware, the koni's for 194 total on Larkspeed would not fit a trophy model.

Reaction score
Hi Thomas,

**** I believe the rears are no different on the Trophy models it’s the fronts that are the issue with hub bolt spacing and hub mount thickness. If you want the fronts also I need to know the bolt spacing and the thickness of the hub section the shock fits over.

Regards Rob

That was my response from larkspeed when I asked if the koni's fit the trophy so they should fit

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Every rear damper from the 1.6 to the 172 Cup and the Trophy fit the rear (so mark fish says) and like the above its the fronts with the main difference.

Im still awaiting to hear back from him and if i don't get anything by lunch time tomorrow i will give him a bell again

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Has he said anything else marcr?

Nothing as of yet, Will call again tomorrow before 12.30pm and if he is closed i will call first thing on monday

Reaction score
Trophy No.
So what happen here then? I want to keep my spare Sachs spare and want to try the Koni.