Reaction score
Number 230 is sadly a write off.

The story:

Christmas eve at 8:00pm I was travelling South on the Brighton Road, Purley, Croydon with my sister and had just come through the lights at the junction of Old Lodge Lane (some of you might know it). On approaching the speed camera some F***** travelling in the opposite direction towards me decided to try and overtake the car in front of it coming onto to my side of the road. This was done so suddenly with such speed that I did not even have time to react, and so it was a head-on collision.

On impact, I must have spun around once or twice and then stopped. On coming through the lights just before the accident I must have have been doing just about 30mph or even less, whereas the other driver must have been doing maybe 50mph+!!!!! (swear)

I didn't even get to take the Trophy on a trackday :cry:

At least this gives me an excuse to buy a 255 V6 or Evo VI Tommy Makinen Edition :twisted:

Reaction score
Sorry about your loss, scary stuff as well having an accident like that when it is totally not your fault. :evil:

As long as your sister and yourself are alright, that's the main thing.

I've always wanted a Makinen Edition myself, not a bad replacement for the Trophy!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Good to hear you're both ok. Very bad for 230, thats two gone in just over a month :(

Reaction score
sorry to hear your news..... having been through the same recently myself i can understand the situation you're in.

If you need any help with getting values for your car etc, drop me a PM..... I still have all of the information which i gathered to provide my insurance company to get a market value for the car. i'll be happy to also let you know what they offered me initially and also what we settled at for a value.

Gareth

Reaction score
I know the stretch of road.

Glad everyone is all ok.

Cars can be replaced, people can't :wink:

Reaction score
Sorry to hear :(

At least you are OK.... especially with a head on collision like that.

O.

rojer386

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Glad you are ok.

It would be interesting to know exactly how many Trophys are left in the UK.

Reaction score
OUCH! :shock:

Good news that all occupants were ok, very sad about #230, having just joined the Trophy Brigade, I can't imagine what it would feel like to lose your car! As the saying goes, you can be as confident as you like with you're driving, it's the other 99% of morons on the road that it's hard to account for!!!!

Hope that the replacement brings as much fun when it comes :D

(Been correcting my spelling mistakes..)

Reaction score
That's painful mate, good to here your ok.

What happened to the F******* that hit you, and when will this person be hung like Saddam(or end up in court)?

Reaction score
I don't have any way of putting the pics on the website at the moment.

The other guy suffered a broken jaw and possibly a broken nose aswell as far as I know, and his car was a lot more worse off than mine. I should think there'll be a court case coming up soon.

I've now decided to get a Focus RS instead as it's in the same insurance group as the Trophy...........chavvy I know!

al

Reaction score
Sorry to hear fella!!!

Goes to prove once again that Clio's truly are tough little cars.

Reaction score
son of solo said:
why do you want a slower,common,torque steering ford?

Because they are lovely cars even thou its a bit ott! They are certainly quicker than my trophy lol

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
drexel said:
son of solo said:
why do you want a slower,common,torque steering ford?

Because they are lovely cars even thou its a bit ott! They are certainly quicker than my trophy lol

Mines leaves my mates RS for dead when it gets onto a decent b road. Straight line pace there's not much in it either. It's not as big a gap as between a Trophy and a Fiesta ST.

Reaction score
Ive never raced a standard rs. I know some people with small mods like airfilters and exahusts and they are very rapid!