Reaction score
eljeffo64 said:
I was led to believe that no ABS means an "even" brake balance - i.e. to much rear bias - hence the twitchy feel at the rear with non abs cars (e.g. 172 cup). While this is no way dangerous (like other non abs cars - learn to brake properly!) it can be a pita on the track and very difficult to change the set up (save for putting WD 40 on the rear discs before a session - joking!!)

The 172 cups have a 95/5 split if i remember correctly and the actuating arm on the load sensing valve is disconnected on the rear axle. It's very common for 172 Cup's to fail the MOT on rear braking force, such an issue in fact VOSA have a note about this on their systems.

Reaction score
I had a s1 rallye only a couple of years ago, loved the thing to bits. It had a 1.6 16v conversion, which had been cam'd, filter and pug sport group n system. Was stripped too so really loud but was so great as a weekend/track car. Bilstein suspension was great too. Picking up the Trophy this weekend can't wait, have been so bored with the sensible company cars I have to drive day to day (blue motion passat at the mo, boring!!!!) When I'm back home on my pc I'll post some photos of the the old rallye up. I'm hoping the trophy proves as much fun and gives me as much joy to own.

Reaction score
[attachment=3:35mwxhs4]smallrallyefront.jpg[/attachment:35mwxhs4][attachment=1:35mwxhs4]smallrallyeengine.jpg[/attachment:35mwxhs4][attachment=2:35mwxhs4]smallrallyeside.jpg[/attachment:35mwxhs4][attachment=0:35mwxhs4]smallrallyebonnet.jpg[/attachment:35mwxhs4]

You can see one of my better company cars in the background too, Leon FR Tdi which was also a great car

Attachments

• smallrallyefront.jpg
    smallrallyefront.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 17
  • smallrallyeside.jpg
    smallrallyeside.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 15
  • smallrallyeengine.jpg
    smallrallyeengine.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 14
  • smallrallyebonnet.jpg
    smallrallyebonnet.jpg