Reaction score
Trophy No.
If anyone is interested.

Dear Julian,

Having presided over the first bank run in the UK since 1866, Alistair Darling is now about to add an extra 2.35p tax to every litre of fuel sold in the UK. This tax hike comes into force at the start of next week, just as oil prices are at record highs and every motorist is already being punished.

At PetrolPrices.com we want to help get motorists' voices heard and so we have prepared a vote. If you have an opinion about tax on fuel please vote and pass this email round to anyone you know who might want to vote as well.

If they are not saving money already like you by using PetrolPrices.com please let them know about our site too.

Here is my blog post and vote page:

http://www.petrolprices.com/blog/we-can ... ow-82.html

Best regards,

Brendan
--

Brendan McLoughlin
Co-Founder
PetrolPrices.com
t: 01252 367225
e: brendan@petrolprices.com

If you don't want to receive any more e-mails from me then visit PetrolPrices.com to be removed from my address book.

Reaction score
I have just6 seen on of the local Shell stations with V-power at £106.9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is really going to hurt the account!

Reaction score
I had only just got used to paying 97.9 for V Power :( Now its back to 99.9

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Olliev8 said:
with V-power at £106.9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eeek :shock: Are the pumps gold plated down your way.

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Olliev8 said:
with V-power at £106.9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eeek :shock: Are the pumps gold plated down your way.

This was at a small station in Windsor.................... funny because the other shell one about 2mins away has it for £103.9????????

strange......

Reaction score
Paid 112.9p for V-power last night and that's before tomorrow's budget announcement. :shock:

Now why do I only get 31.5mpg from my Tomato Rocket.......??

Reaction score
reboot said:
Paid 112.9p for V-power last night and that's before tomorrow's budget announcement. :shock:

Now why do I only get 31.5mpg from my Tomato Rocket.......??

31.5 ?

You're not driving it hard enough :lol:

I've just filled tank - I was on one bar off the bottom of the fuel gauge and it still took £40 to brim it

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
on the very rare occasions when needs must due to not being able to find a shell garage, mercifully this hasn't happened in the last 12 months, i've succumb to 95 octane.

Never again if i can help it.

On top of the further tax increase on petrol (2p next week) road tax for cars above 220 co2 is going up to over £1000!!!!! :!: :!:

Time we vote off the weakest link....

Reaction score
Trophy No.
DaveTrophy said:
Cue said:
On top of the further tax increase on petrol (2p next week) road tax for cars above 220 co2 is going up to over £1000!!!!! :!: :!:

What emissions band is the 182 in?

Getting worried then Dave :lol:

Reaction score
Mind you, if you can get to join the Shell V-Power club you can discounts or other benefits. Plus at the moment, every time you fill up 30 litres or more of V-Power you get a free 1:38 scale model of a red Italian car! So that's alright then 8)

Which reminds me, any news on ours? better post up on the scale model thread....

Reaction score
reboot said:
Mind you, if you can get to join the Shell V-Power club you can discounts or other benefits. Plus at the moment, every time you fill up 30 litres or more of V-Power you get a free 1:38 scale model of a red Italian car! So that's alright then 8)

Which reminds me, any news on ours? better post up on the scale model thread....

Haha, I bagged myself an old school Magnum PI style ferrari the other day 8)

hoolio said:
DaveTrophy said:
Cue said:

What emissions band is the 182 in?

Getting worried then Dave :lol:

Hell yeah, was already writing out the for sale ad in my head