Reaction score
quik5i1ver said:
reboot said:
V-Power now at 112.9p around my way again. Last time I mentioned the petrol price at the same level was in March 2008 when crude oil was at $97 per bbl. Today crude is just below $80 per bbl. This means it's not just the government ripping us off........

Isn't that a sign that it probably IS the govt who is ripping us off?.. Else firms would be undercutting one another by greater margins - I'm guessing that fuel tax is likely to be higher than it was?.. Just tried to find out but there was nothing obvious enough in the limited time that I have to think about this post!

Just realised that I misread your post reboot... D'oh - was clearly not focussing last night...

Found the following quote on the Telegraph website.. Good old traders..

''Although the blame lies squarely with stock market traders shifting funds from currencies to commodities, a 1.3p-a-litre rise in the pump price of petrol this week fuels driver suspicion that forecourt prices rise faster than they come down.''

Reaction score
BenG - getting an Evo? Surely you're not leaving us? I have been getting close to leaving(selling) myself but trying to avoid it.

Sam_K - I'm with you all the way, as long as I have my Trophy I'll keep filling it up. It'd take something huge to stop me from doing that.

quik5i1ver - no doubt it definitely is the government ripping us off and iirc we have 4p more tax per litre on petrol compared with a year ago, so theoretically it would have to be 116.9 to give same economics to the oil producers, which is not accounted for by the difference of $80 to $97/bbl. Plus shipping is much, much cheaper than a year ago, so some companies are profiting from the dire economic situation. The Customer is always right, especially when he willingly pays to get ripped off. Time for a revolution and a government that does what WE want. Fat chance, though!

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
BenG - getting an Evo? Surely you're not leaving us? I have been getting close to leaving(selling) myself but trying to avoid it.

I have been wanting one for a while now and should be able to afford to buy one (cash) by the end of next year, I could probably push for an Evo IX. However, the more I look into it the more I realise how much it is going to cost, not only are the running costs high (which im not too bothered about as it would be limited milage) but the insurance is going to be crazy high. Ill be 23 early next year with 4 years no claims (touch wood) and until im 25 its looking around £1200/1500 fully comp, Im not paying that ! Greenlight wont even insure me in an Evo IX MR FQ360 :eek: :wink:

I love the Trophy to bits and will probably regret selling it but I fancy a change and a different driving experience, I have only ever driven hatchbacks, infact my car history contains a MK1 Clio, MK2 Clio 16v and the 182 Trophy :lol: !

It looks like your stuck with me until im 25 :D, but as much as I want an Evo Im not wishing to be 25 any time soon !
The only thing I am worried about is if I keep the Trophy for another 2 years how much will it be worth then...

Reaction score
BenG said:

I have been wanting one for a while now and should be able to afford to buy one (cash) by the end of next year, I could probably push for an Evo IX. However, the more I look into it the more I realise how much it is going to cost, not only are the running costs high (which im not too bothered about as it would be limited milage) but the insurance is going to be crazy high. Ill be 23 early next year with 4 years no claims (touch wood) and until im 25 its looking around £1200/1500 fully comp, Im not paying that ! Greenlight wont even insure me in an Evo IX MR FQ360 :eek: :wink:

I love the Trophy to bits and will probably regret selling it but I fancy a change and a different driving experience, I have only ever driven hatchbacks, infact my car history contains a MK1 Clio, MK2 Clio 16v and the 182 Trophy :lol: !

It looks like your stuck with me until im 25 :D, but as much as I want an Evo Im not wishing to be 25 any time soon !
The only thing I am worried about is if I keep the Trophy for another 2 years how much will it be worth then...

I'd say £10K easily.................... after all it is a Trophy, nothing compares!! :lol: