Reaction score
Hi folks,

rory182 from cliosport here again, following the success of my justmatz.co.uk and blueflame exhaust group buys I'm organising a tyre group buy.

The PE2 tyre as fitted standard on 182 and 182 Trophy is excellent in my opinion and so I'm trying to save a little money when it comes to replacing them. Typically I go to Costco for mine.

A wee search of the net came up with these prices:

Mytyres: £74.90
blackcircles: £87
kwikfit: £104
etyres: £102

The tyre in question being the 205 45 R16 V rated PE2

I've contacted Mytyres asking for a bulk buy discount and so far this afternoon have generated interest for 16 tyres and this will grow in the following days.

If you are interested please leave your name and how many tyres you'd want in this thread and I shall update you when I hear from Mytyres. If they don't play ball I'll find someone who will!

Cheers, Rory

Reaction score
i could be up for two. Not in a great rush for them, but its always nice to have a couple tucked away for a naily (get it :( ) day.
Does depend on the discount though.

Reaction score
I buy enough of these to have an interest. Although where would they be delivered and then to add cost of fitting and balance etc, is there much of a saving over bending the arm of the local tyre dealer?

Anyone notice how easily these tyres get bulges, even when owned by a careful driver?

Reaction score
apparently mytyres sell these cheaper than a lot of local tyre places get them trade, so I'm hopeful for maybe 15 - 20% off the £74.90 (which includes postage and packaging)

indeed you will need to get them fitted locally and have them balanced, but a kwik fit fitter or similar will do that for a £5 bung

Reaction score
15-20pc off the £74.90 would make those great value.

Reaction score
At £65ish a tyre based on this expexted discount i would be up for at leat 2 on this group buy

What sort of time scale are we working to?

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'll be up for 2 tyres, if we are looking at getting them in the next month or so.

Reaction score
rory182 said:
apparently mytyres sell these cheaper than a lot of local tyre places get them trade, so I'm hopeful for maybe 15 - 20% off the £74.90 (which includes postage and packaging)

indeed you will need to get them fitted locally and have them balanced, but a kwik fit fitter or similar will do that for a £5 bung

At this price - 4 please!

Reaction score
a previous failed group buy suggested mytyres wanted 50 tyres ordered to give a discount, people cringed at this but I think its easily achievable, since yesterday I've got interest for 52 tyres.

Reaction score
rory182 said:
a previous failed group buy suggested mytyres wanted 50 tyres ordered to give a discount, people cringed at this but I think its easily achievable, since yesterday I've got interest for 52 tyres.

Sounds great to me, that's what forums are for. Whatever happened to that group buy website where you could get almost anything cheaper by going in with loads of other people?

How do they dispatch the tyres? To individual addresses? Otherwise your driveway is gonna look like a Tyre incineration depot!

Reaction score
lol yeah mytyres would be paid direct and the tyres would be sent to your home / work address.

I'm in no rush for tyres but appreciate that some are so ASAP I'd be looking for this to happen.

Not actually spoken to mytyres yet, waiting for someone to respond to my initial enquiry so I have a point of contact.

Cheers, Rory

Reaction score
I am interested in 2 front tyres but I must have them delivered by Friday next week (18/08).

O.

Reaction score
oliie said:
I am interested in 2 front tyres but I must have them delivered by Friday next week (18/08).

O.

i'll put you as interested but cant guarantee it'll be moving that fast, havent heard from them yet and cant get through on the phone

Reaction score
interest for 64 tyres so far, will chase up sources with a sense of urgency now!

rojer386

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Make that 66 rory, I will have 2 if you get them for the price that you discussed earlier!

Reaction score
70 tyres, should be more than enough for a decent price IMO, lets hope Mytyres wanna play ball.