Reaction score
7MAT said:
10mm drop (side view);
10mmdrop.jpg

Just had another look at this pic, and the 10mm drop really does the the job in terms of improving the stance of the Trophy. Have always though that the Trophy does sit very high, but would never have considered lowering the car and risk ruining the handling just to improve the looks. However as someone as talented and experienced as Mark Fish is now involved this makes lowering the Trophy a very realistic proposition.

7MAT - How are you finding the car now that you have had the new springs on for a week?

Reaction score
OliS said:
7MAT - How are you finding the car now that you have had the new springs on for a week?

Just got back from the Easytrack day at Abbeville, car performed great both on track and was a joy to drive there and back.

As you would expect the ride is a little bit firmer than the standard set-up. Body roll is also reduced but the car has kept its excellent ride quality and composure – you can still drive at pace over bumpy B roads etc.

Steve (sm wrc) drove my car this weekend and was very impressed - he said that this is how the Trophy should have come out of the factory. It’s a bit of an over used cliché but I’ve just got to agree.

Reaction score
most of the changes in the feel and handling of the car will be down to the revised camber and toe settings

the less brave of you that are worried about modding your car with new dampers/springs etc may want to take note of that

Reaction score
I've just read the following on the rs forum;

jimbo666 asked factory damper settings, clio trophy

hi. i wonder if you could tell me how many turns of the dial from the hardest setting down to the softest setting to put back to the factory setting.
Allen Collen responds There is a range of 39/40 "clicks" on the front dampers on the Clio Trophy. The factory setting is in the middle of the range :20 "clicks" from the hardest. Regards,

Interesting stuff - might have to see about un-pinning mine.

Reaction score
any info on prices for a set of these springs from mark?

also has anyone considered lowering caps as usesd by the vw boys?
you could effectivly lower the whole car without changing springs or shocks.