Looking for rear Sachs Dampers!

Reaction score
Has anyone one or a pair left?

Is there any alternative you can recommend?

Car is on OEM Eibach Springs front, OEM rear.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I bought 2 not long ago. They're brand new Trophy rear Sachs. Nothing wrong with them. The bushes are not included, you will need to source them separately.

The rule is that only Trophy owners are allowed to buy them so as to not use up all our stock for future maintenance so that we can keep them planted to the road for many years to come ;-).

IMG_0933.JPG

Reaction score

I purchased those. Not via eBay though, direct from Renault Wolverhampton. It's their eBay site.

When you call the parts department direct they quote a higher price. Tell them they are £200 on the eBay site and they match the price.

Be very careful if you call them though. Even when expressly stating they were for a 182 Trophy, they first sent me standard 182 Cup dampers. The mistake was resolved without issue, but as you're in Germany you don't want that hassle. If you call them I'd quote the chassis / VIN number so there is no mistake.

If they try to charge £80 and not £200 that's also an indication something is wrong. As I quoted the cars registration number I thought I was getting cheap dampers and kept quiet! Mistake.

The new production of rear Sachs are also black. Only original fitted, and those from the first spare parts production run were silver/grey. New (and final) spare parts production run are black.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The new production of rear Sachs are also black. Only original fitted, and those from the first spare parts production run were silver/grey. New (and final) spare parts production run are black.

Nice pair of original units put aside, bit annoying that the stickers are at different heights though.DSCF0361.JPG

Reaction score
I bought a pair from ren parts direct last week. Where do we get the bushes pls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think a lot of peeps go aftermarket but if you want to stay OE Paul should be able to help.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Took my set off today which I replaced in 2011/12 and they are both solid as a rock so very pleased. One side far more worn on the silver body which is odd, but I think I've read that before.

My top bushes didn't look great, but I've put the better bushes from the top to the bottom on both sides, so hopefully 1 set will do me and a quick fix with taking the shocks off again.

There's some on eBay from overseas, but I'm sure brand new ones only come with cup rear shocks and they cannot be purchased separately.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Didn't even realise there were bushes to worry about too, the expense is never ending.

What are the going rates for front springs just now? Not sure when I'll get the front shocks refurbed but the springs are a bit rusty and likely original.

Reaction score
For bushes use powerflex or buy a complete pair of cup dampers and your get the bushes and the plastic dirt guards.

Classic Renault. One has to pay £80-100 for some bushes and plastic to maintain originality. Why the f*** can't Renault simply supply the bushes and plastic dirt guards with the £200 dampers. As much as I love the car, the manufacturer regularly acts like a right wan***.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
For bushes use powerflex or buy a complete pair of cup dampers and your get the bushes and the plastic dirt guards.

Is that true Andy, you can't get the bushes separately from Reno? I realised they didn't come with the dampers obviously but always assumed they could be ordered. Better get some cup dampers ordered I guess.

Reaction score
I found it strange that the cups come complete with everything for £80 a pair but the sachs didn't. But I don't think you can get them separately but can check. I wouldn't blame renault to much it happens a lot with all manufacturers.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
My mind can't comprehend buying a set of cup dampers just for the OEM bushes, however, I can appreciate the painstaking task and cost involved for anyone looking to keep it original. May I ask why it's considered necessary for some people to fit OEM bushes? Is it just a matter of keeping everything original, or is an original bush considered to be the optimum choice?